Wet Dreams :-P

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by IceDragon, May 4, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Yellow tang last, but before the Mandarin of course.  Not sure on the aggressiveness of the Perculas, but if it were a Maroon Clown it would be added just before the Yellow Tang:

Wrasses
    Gobies
    Perculas
    Yellow Tang

One month in between additions gives you four months.  A year + later and you add the Mandarin.  You can sytock your corals while waiting for the Mandarin.

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

If you have alot of algae in the sump area and see the pods in there (alot of them) If not you can seed the refugium with algae from the LFS that has pods swimming in it.
    I was lucky and a Dope when I got my mandarin. My tank was only 5 months old but I was lucky so take Craigs advice and wait to add the Mandarin fish.

4. IceDragon

IceDragon Bristle Worm

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=Newbie;num=1083717995;start=15#20 date=05/09/04 at 11:42:47]Yellow tang last, but before the Mandarin of course.  Not sure on the aggressiveness of the Perculas, but if it were a Maroon Clown it would be added just before the Yellow Tang:

Wrasses
    Gobies
    Perculas
    Yellow Tang

One month in between additions gives you four months.  A year + later and you add the Mandarin.  You can sytock your corals while waiting for the Mandarin.
    [/quote]

sounds like a plan thanks guys

5. IceDragon

IceDragon Bristle Worm

well i went drooling ... i mean shopping at the LFS and i found this crazy looking fish in thier show tank ... it was about 2 inches ling and lived in a hole it dug in the sand at the base of the LR ... it had a bright yellow head and was loads of fun to watch ... it kept peeping out looking left and right then going back in its hole. my contact at the LFS wasn't in and the best they could tell me is that is some breed of jawfish and it eats mysis shimp.

was wondering if any one here had ideas on what it might be and any feedback on care or heartyness?

6. IceDragon

IceDragon Bristle Worm

after a little looking around here is a somewhat revised fish list

1 Yellowhead Jawfish 4"
    2 Neon Blue Goby 4"
    2 True Percula Clownfish 6"
    1 Yellow Tang 8" (might go with a Kole Yellow Eye or Scopas Tang instead)
    2 Green Mandarin (psy) 8"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    8 fish 30" total

additionly while drooling at my LFS i fell head over heals for a little invert called a sexy shrimp

with that in mind i think my first couple corals will be frogspawn/hammer :)

7. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Thought on last post...

Consider a single Mandarian only after tank has been up and running for a while...one can be hard enough to successfully keep, let alone a pair in tank your size...at least for long long time established anyways...

Lots of "cute" gobies...but if you want more then one, check out the "clown" "goby versions" (little guys...) have plenty of personality...won't cause a great ruckus in your sand and tank as the larger ones can...

Have no experience with Jawfish...but lots for you to read up on Clownfish type/introduction...

Enjoy...

OmarD

8. Click Here!

9. IceDragon

IceDragon Bristle Worm

i saw the coolest goby today

[​IMG]

a convict worm goby ... i definantly want one of these

10. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Hiya IceDragon,

RE: "... i saw the coolest goby today...a convict worm goby ... i definantly want one of these ..."

(someday will learn how to highlight previous posted text like some do on this forum - :p)

Agree...he is a "cool" looking beast.

However, "looks" can be deceiving, and as we most all have learned, getting a critter without looking into its "habits" can cause great frustration down the line...

Your "convict worm goby" may be just such an example...

known as a great sand displacer (lots of gobies are)... means he is going to cause great ruckus with your substrate and you may be living with a continual sand cloud or sand covered live rock.

While this may be OK with you...just something that might be considered before adding him to tank.

FWIW

OmarD

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=omard link=board=Newbie;num=1083717995;start=15#27 date=05/30/04 at 07:10:42]

(someday will learn how to highlight previous posted text like some do on this forum -  :p)[/quote]

Look at Matts new FAQ section off the menu.

Each post has a quote button on the upper right. Click that botton which is on the post you wish to comment on and wala...

12. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=Newbie;num=1083717995;start=15#28 date=05/30/04 at 07:14:55]

Look at Matts new FAQ section off the menu.

Each post has a quote button on the upper right. Click that botton which is on the post you wish to comment on and wala...[/quote]

Got it - solved the "great mystery" --- THKS - :)

S