well water cycle

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by JMorris271, May 17, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Koi can live in anything, including sewage.
    We kept them in our water troughs on my grandparents cattle ranch and worse yet I had them in the circular clarifier in the last wastewater treatment plant I operated. That is only about half way through the sewage treatment process and they were fat and happy.

Again, the EPA recommends testing your well a minimum of every 5 years, if you have not done so I would look into it, and that is not opinion, it could save your life if you drink the water.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Absolutely- I couldn't agree more. When I say "If your water is drinkable..." I'm assuming it's being tested for sound assurance.

Here we have very stringent and strictly enforced laws regarding protecting wells from surface contamination, the design and placement of septic systems, and the storage and use of fuels and chemicals. I'm also in a very remote area where there is zero industrial or agricultural activity and zero construction for miles, and despite all of that, my well is tested every 2 years. I wouldn't entertain the thought of drinking from an untested source.

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The EPA Wellhead Protection Program is relatively new in relation to the number of active wells in the US so many are pre regulations and unfortunately exempt. Not that long ago people drilled where it was convenient and not necessarily in the best of locations. You are smart to have your well tested but that is not the norm since it is voluntary on domestic wells that are 6" or less in diameter and pump 30 GPM or less which fits most domestic wells.