Welcome!!!

Discussion in 'South Florida Reef Society' started by mike007, Jul 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Welcome everyone!

Florida Advocates of Reef Tanks Society (Also known as... F.A.R.T.S. ;D) Is now up and running!!

Special thanks to:
    -Matt for being so fast about it all and allowing us to have the board.
    -Night-Rida for our wonderful name! ;)
    -and our very first members, WhiskyTango, bsutton, pja24, and Dr. Reefenstein.

Hope to see everyone here soon. ;)

Let's start by discussing our first meeting. Anyone have any ideas?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Yea you did it.

After a few weeks or months when we get lots of people on FARTS we should have a lil frag swap.

2 people like this.
  4. Dr. Reefenstein

Dr. Reefenstein Fire Shrimp

Nice work!

1 person likes this.
  5. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Definitely

K+ Tango

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

Sounds good! Im in.

1 person likes this.
  7. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

Sweet! Thanks Matt and Night-Rida! I can't wait for others to join and set up our 1st meeting. Now we need to get off the computer, lift our right leg... and let out some F.A.R.T.S.

Brian

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Yeah! that's the spirit! lol

10. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I know it doesn't pertain to me really but I vote that your club comes up with a professional name. I only say this from experience in being in reef/marine clubs. And "Advocates of Reef Tanks Society" doesn't really make sense. Not trying to bag, just help. I doubt you would be chilling with Fenner at a FART meeting. Well, if you have ever met Bob, you may find it very likely ;)
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure the extent you are trying to take your club though. Just a group of goofs trying to trade stuff?

11. hddoutside

hddoutside Fire Shrimp

is there anyway to make a tread 3reefer viewable only? that way people can put coupons and stuff for there websites with out other people looking. but like 3reefer only coupons.

12. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Before I start, I mean absolutely no disrespect in this post as you meant none in yours, just discussion.

Not really a group of goofs trying to trade stuff but a more casual than professional club. Is that not why this is a hobby and not a profession? It may be taken to lengths where it may become a profession for someone but for myself at least, I'm a hobbyist trying to get to know some fellow 3reefers in the area.

As for the name, One of the members who responded to the original thread that started this all gave the name and I liked it. When Matt asked for a name, I gave him what we had; again, casual club. Meetings aren't even regularly scheduled yet, nothing has been set up. If the club as a whole decides that they want to change the name, then we shall. The club members are the ones that will decide everything because they are who will benefit from the club. However far they want things in the club to go will dictate how far the club goes.

Thanks for your concern,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.