Welcome to the new 3reef.com!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I totally agree. I normally spend hours watching this page for updates on threads. The new layout of the page and no quicklink to it makes it extremely difficult to read and use. Having to go in and out of each subforum is a PITA when responding to multiple threads in realtime.

Also, the Sponsors tab hides extremely well.

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I have to say im not a big fan. Its way to hard to follow a post on the new layout. its a cool site all and all but I became a member and stayed with this site due to great memebers and ease of use. there is no more ease of use..... Not to be the negitive nelly but I have tried for 20 minutes to find answeres on the posts I placed yesterday? This site is cool with features but way to tough to navigate...unless your very computer savy. I am and its not easy. I will always be part of 3reef and have alot of friends here but this is to much I think maybe change just takes time but im not used to it......

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Truly awesome Matt..... THANK YOU....

5. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

The "dark" skin is flippin sweet!! Is there anyway I can change the letters to pink? That would be really cool :)

6. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Whenever I put the cursor over the different forums it highlights it in pink, very nice touch :):)

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

WOW, I surprised to see negative comments. I've seen 3 major over hauls of 3Reef in the almost 7 years I've been a member and they have always lead to greater functionality and increased membership. I think this transition took me all of 10 minutes to become comfortable with. Really people think of the future

J

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

you turned my fav site into the ugliest thing i've ever seen lol

10. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Sea Dragon

I am retarded when it comes to navigating forums. This is the only one I am a member with and I don't have a ton of posts under my belt. I am getting it figured out, and I am discovering little shortcuts that didn't exist before. Everyone should look at this as an opportunity to learn something new. Its good for your brain.

11. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

I am not going to be negative like others may have because I can appreciate the thought, effort, and hard work that you have put into this sight to make it the best on the web. After being on it for about 10 mins. I can say I was used to the old way and liked it better. In a month I will more than likely change my mind. The one thing I hope is that I will have the patience to figure it out :). I have met a lot of wonderful people on here that has helped me out. so as frustrated as I may get I will stick it out and learn to use it so I will be able to help others. You have done a wonderful job and I for one thank you for your efforts.

12. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Complaining is not constructive, I know how much hard work goes into sites as I've built and operated them before myself, and your dedication is really appreciated.

What I really enjoyed about the old site was I could click on the home page and it would refresh all the new posts and I could very quickly see what's going on. Now, I have press refresh on the browser then expand a list of recent posts - nothing like what it was before.

I really, really like the idea of a google search, once you get that tweaked it will be a very positive addition. However, couldn't many of the features been implemented and just leave the design what it was?

Overall I'm just sad to see the old 3reef go.