Welcome to the new 3reef.com!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

you know how you can set to auto subscribe? Can that be given more options?

I want to autosubscribe to threads I start, but not to threads I merely post on.

Also, maybe I forgot where to look, but I lost the skin selection drop down... is this gone? Or did I just forget where to look... weird.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so i just noticed you did some tweaking the site, deffiently liking it MUCH MUCH better :D

1 person likes this.
  4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Subscription options are found in usercp/options, these are stock, I don't think they have the logic you are looking for exactly but look for 'Default Thread Subscription Mode.'

Skin selection is also in usercp/options and in the footer.

FIXED.
    By the way, I am starting to look at the Profile display bug.

Down the road I will. Current skins need a lot of polish first. ;)

5. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

You did real good, Matt. I personally think that change on the internet is a positive thing; especially when the intent is to streamline. For those who claim to dislike it enough to leave 3reef--it's clear that for them, simplicity is more important than quality. I can't argue with anybody's preference. However, I didn't fall in love with this place because of ease of use or eye candy (although it had/has both). I made this place home because of two main reasons: first, the people that frequent this place are the kindest, friendliest and most helpful folks out of any reef forum out there. Secondly; I make 3reef home because of the resource provided. You could make 3reef a dull black screen of nothing. So long as the people and the resource remain--I'm hooked.

You did real good, Matt. Thanks a million!! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Amen to that. Hey its very simple, if you dont like it then maybe its time to move on.

Luna

1 person likes this.
  7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I know you are trying to help bud but I would rather we not say that kind of stuff as there is a lot of valid feedback with the 'look' that I am trying to address.

I have made several changes based on feedback and have many more that I will make.

Let's call this a work in progress.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Sorry Matt, but it gets a little frustrating reading so much negativity(sp) esp. when your trying to improve something. I tend to be a "cut-throat" person and sometimes tact gets thrown out the window.

Luna

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

11. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Matt Ive gotta say I wasnt real happy when I logged on yesterday for the first time after the change. ( Im old school LOL). After a few changes that you've made since yesterday Im really impressed! I am liking the sight more now than before. I hope the others that felt like leaving would change their mind and atleast give it a chance. Your doing a great job and thanks for taking into consideration the opinions of the members.

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  12. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Matt I had an Idea about something. Sometimes people go out of their way to help when we have issues. Is it possible (may be already and i dont know how) to have a way to double the Karma you can give to someone that has been extremely helpful as a way to show how much they are appreciated? Just a thought