Welcome new 3reef sponsor - DrTim's Aquatics!

Discussion in 'DrTim's Aquatics' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Please help me give a warm 3reef welcome to new 3reef sponsor: DrTim's Aquatics!

If you are looking for a good source of live nitrifying bacteria to stabilize your new tanks - look no further.

I am thrilled to have the Doctor (Dr Timothy A. Hovanec) on 3reef. He is a heavy-weight in this industry whom lead the way on understanding the roles of bacteria in our aquariums. Take a moment to read about it here:
    About Us

Having him on 3reef will be a great resource and I look forward to learning more about DrTim's Aquatics products. Welcome to 3reef DrTim!! 8)

matt

2. Click Here!

3. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Welcome Dr. Tim! I used his product before, the live nitrifying bacteria, and it actually works and made my cycle shorter!

4. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

5. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Welcome to 3reef! Thanks for supporting the best aquarium forum on the web.

7. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've been impressed with the level of expertise on the forum and hope to add something to the conversations. I am not here to promote just DrTim's (and will always disclosure who I am and if I have a competing product) but to answer questions about my products and general aquarium questions and also try to provide some science and facts to the biology, microbiology and chemistry of aquaria.

A little background on my experience and history. I started with my first fish at age 6 in the early 1960's and have never not had an aquarium. I have a B.S. and M.S. from SDSU in Biology (thesis was on ammonia excretion and ammonia toxicity in fish) and a Ph.D. in Ecology, Evolution and Marine Biology from UC Santa Barbara. My dissertation was on using molecular methods to investigate nitrifying bacteria in aquaria and Mono Lake, CA. I was the head of Aquatic Research at Marineland Aquarium Products for nearly 18 years and developed BioSpira and the other research lab products, have over a dozen patents on bacteria and their use. Nowadays, I am the Founder and President of DrTim's Aquatics which I like to say in an old style company meaning we keep fish ourselves, we care about the aquarium inhabitants and we work hard to develop novel products that deliver actual results.

I look forward to being involved with everyone here at 3Reef Forums.

8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Welcome to 3 reef DrTim

Steve

10. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

11. CPennyAuctions

CPennyAuctions 3reef Sponsor

Welcome Dr. Tim!
    I must say, you chose a great forum to join.
    Good people, Good conversations, Good place to be.
    Best of luck!

-CoralPennyAuctions

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid