Welcome IRC - Indiana Reefers Club!

Discussion in 'Indiana Reefers Club' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 17, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Hey Jay!! Welcome to 3reef!! And for you, OTTO and everyone else who is part of the IRC, best of luck and hope it is successful and enjoyable as well! We need more clubs throughout the country and world for that matter to spread news about our reefs/conservation and the success that can be had by creating your own part of our natural reefs>

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Hey otty, did you all goto the MTRC frag swap? I know some folks in southern IN did, I sold them some of my frags, lol. lol all the frags I sold went to different states, haha.

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

IRC Members.

I am interested in knowing what types of articles you guys would like to see in our newsletters. Email me and let me know if there are any topics which you would like to have covered. I will try and cover each one in as much depth as possible, and talk about it at the next meeting. Any and all topics will be considered. Just let me know what you guys want to know more about. The meeting this month went better, we had a few more members show up than last month, and I look forward to it really growing in the future. Remember that if you plan on going on the trip in March you must contact me before March the 1st to make the arrangements. The cost is $28 per person going, and I must pre register IRC so I have to know before the 1st. I will continue to take payments up to march the 10th, the date for our next meeting. It will again be at 7:00 at my house, until we really get this club going. Once we get a more solid base, we can talk about moving it around to other places, whether that be other members houses, or an actual meeting place. There was a little trading going on at this meeting, and Dirk was the recipient of my Montipora Digitata take home coral door prize. So congratulations to Dirk. I wanted to extend an open trade to anyone in the club, I have plenty of pulsing xenia and anthelia, as well as some Digitata that I would love to trade for some frags, if anyone is interested just email me and let me know.

Also one more note, I put out an email about the mailing list. No one said they didn't want to be on it so I printed it out and passed a few of them out at the meeting. I can email anyone that wants one a copy of it. If you would prefer to not be on it, or not be contacted by any of our members than email me and I will make sure word gets out. Thanks again for everyone's support, lets make next months meeting the biggest yet. Happy swimming...

Jay
    IRC President

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

We are having a quick meeting this saturday the 10th to finalize the trip to the Newport Aquarium. It will be at the our presidents house Jay. If anyone wants to join or just to come and do some frag swapping let me know.
    Our trip to Newport will be on the 18th.
    Happy reefing!

6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

IRC Members,
    Our trip for the 18th of this month to the Newport Aquarium :: Newport, Kentucky, Greater Cincinnati, Activities is set for a 1:30 check in time. Our tour will leave for the mechanical room around 2:00 but we all need to be checked in before that so make sure you are not late because your fee is non-refundable. Please be aware of Cincy traffic and the delays that may happen so adjust your travel times accordingly.
    See you there!

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Well our meeting will be moved back to Sunday since everyone that wanted it on Saturday is not showing up to the meeting. Our next meeting will be on April 22nd at Jay's house. If you need directions just PM me or leave a post.

8. Click Here!

9. Fishgeek01

Fishgeek01 Plankton

Just want to shout out to all of my peeps, How are all of your tanks doing, scott how is the 265? My tank is recovering from the virus that spread through it and wiped out my large show size monti cap colony, the thing weighed in at almost 4 lbs (wet) and was 21 inches across one way by 14 inches the other way. It was completely destroyed by this virus. The other 2 colonies of monti cap that I have were also attacked, but being 4th generation frags, seem to have curbed the disease, and are now on the road to recovery. All of my other tank inhabitants seemed unaffected by this disturbance, and I continue to see above average growth from my sps corals. my cardinals and clowns have continued to breed as clockwork, even though nothing is done to ensure the larvae and fry survive...

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Sorry to hear about the bug you got, glad it is almost gone. 265 is cycling and has it's 3 week birthday today. The weekend trip to Inland Aquatic with Inwall and St. Louis Reef club was pretty cool. When I go to buy some paired up fish I know where to go now. Looking forward to the next meeting.

11. Fishgeek01

Fishgeek01 Plankton

scott, i got a 55 gallon tank the other day, not sure that it holds water or not (it was a freebie), but would make a great fuge, if you are interested, we could trade for it... (future trade if need be) needs cleaned badly

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I am looking for a 75 to 125 gal tank but I will keep you in mind. May have to settle with a 55 before too long. Thanks for thinking of me....;D