Welcome Everyone!

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Reef Club' started by Kristiavi, Mar 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mails2thiagu

mails2thiagu Feather Duster

Apart from bio-reef and ocean reef, you guys aware of any good/cheap lfs or local seller?

2. Click Here!

3. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

Bio Reef has the best selection and price.They might be higher priced than others but to me they are worth every penny.There is also Coral Logic is off of Baymeadows.Then there is Orange Park Aquatics in Orange Park.What are you looking for,live stock, equipment, ect...

4. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

Peter told me about Coral logic, Its right off 9a and Gate parkway. They dont have very many fish, but they have the cheapest pre mixed salt water in town, and their coral selction is amazing and very cheap. I got a huge chunk of green star polops for 10 bucks. He also said there was a lfs in orange park but i cant remember what its called because im not from that side of town.

Wish I could find somebody the frags and sells from his house, usually the prices are so much cheaper. I just havent been able to find one

5. mails2thiagu

@doyle - mostly I order equipments online, so I am looking for fish and corals. I believe I have enough stock of fishes already, looking for some cheap/easy to care corals. I am not sure if any of you faced this, whatever corals I bought which already stick with small rock doing great but those which has been removed using blade are not surviving. Infact i had tough time sticking them to rocks and after 2-3 days I don't see them. Lost $$ on some corals like this :(:(

@Kristi - I too not located at west side, so orange park will be bit far. Corallogic looks very near to me, I can check them this weekend. You got good deal on green polyps :), do you pictures of them? you can try craiglist for local owners selling cheaper than lfs.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  6. Kristiavi

7. mails2thiagu

That's sounds weird to me..never heard from anyone, don't die off when we put needle and thread in their mouth?

8. Click Here!

9. Kristiavi

Mine havent, Peter was actually the one that told me about it. I have also tried slue glue Gel, it has to be the gel kind. But the needle and thread worked better.

10. mails2thiagu

Thanks Kristi. With my previous bad experience with super glue, I decided to buy corals attached to small rock...

11. FLfishGirl

FLfishGirl Fire Shrimp

How am I just now seeing this?! My name is Jessica, lived in Jville for 6 years now. This is my second time living in Jville. I just love it here.

12. FLfishGirl

FLfishGirl Fire Shrimp

Bioreef is the best around. Reef fanatics closed down. They were awful though, always high as crap. and rude. Jolly's off of blanding really isnt that great either. they always have flatworms in their tanks.