Welcome Air, Water and Ice, Inc.!

Discussion in 'Air, Water & Ice' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 24, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. the_h2o_guru

the_h2o_guru 3reef Sponsor

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=Sponsors;num=1082830481;start=0#7 date=05/01/04 at 15:53:12]The maxi jet 400 is 106 GPH.
    I have not owned one but people always say they are dependable and quiet.

The Maxi Jet 600 is 160 GPH.

Check out PA and Jason there may have a deal for you.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...Y&Store_Code=PA&Category_Code=Maxijet[/quote]

The 106 is probably the size we need thank you !
    I just want to be certain that we don't get the bum's rush for using the wrong pump .

Thanks for the input

Walter

2. Click Here!

3. the_h2o_guru

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=Sponsors;num=1082830481;start=0#8 date=05/01/04 at 16:02:16]RIO make a small pump also that I use and never had any real issue with.
    Are you needing an external or internal pump?[/quote]
    That is what I used to ptotype with a small RIO .

In fact we were giong to use the Rio . The question to which pump to use came up when I mentioned the Rio to the Orlando reef club . I had spent the evening with them explaining the chiller ,when I said Rio I got an earfull .
    It seems that they did not care for it .
    It is always the same one person swears by it the other swears at it .

Thank you for the input .

Walter

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

The rio pumps from the pass... the larger ones were the pumps that had problems and they heated up fast and heated the water. I think they fixed that issue.

From what I have seen and heard the smaller pumps always were working great.
    I have only had one stop and after checking the magnet and spindle and seeing nothing wrong I just wiped it off and it started again. This was the issue most people come across with these pumps.

What issues did the club come across?
    You may want to talk with Jason over at Premium Aquatics.

5. the_h2o_guru

It seems that some of the members had a shocking experience with them .

Walter

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Walter,

We can help you with the pumps. Not a huge difference between wholesale and mail order retail, but every little bit can help. Could work out a deal so you don't have to buy a bunch at one time too, this way if your plans change or pump doesn't work as expected won't be stuck with them.

I would recommend staying away from rio. So many issues with stop/start problems, stock problems and the general opinion is bad on them, so it would make your product look less appealing. I would recommend maxijet if you go submersible or Pan World if you need external.

email me at [email protected] when you decide what pump you want to use and i'll get you prices. We would be interested in seeing some wholesale prices on ro parts etc as well. We actually had the exact same idea you had, a DIY Ro unit. So please do not think we stole the idea, we just decided to put something together last week. If your prices are competitive, we'll use you for the parts.

thanks

jason
    Premium Aquatics

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Wow a marriage is born..... :'( it brings a joyful tear to my eye..... LOL ;)

8. Click Here!

9. the_h2o_guru

[quote author=jasonfrey link=board=Sponsors;num=1082830481;start=0#14 date=05/02/04 at 17:35:58]Hi Walter,

We can help you with the pumps. Not a huge difference between wholesale and mail order retail, but every little bit can help. Could work out a deal so you don't have to buy a bunch at one time too, this way if your plans change or pump doesn't work as expected won't be stuck with them.

I would recommend staying away from rio. So many issues with stop/start problems, stock problems and the general opinion is bad on them, so it would make your product look less appealing. I would recommend maxijet if you go submersible or Pan World if you need external.

email me at [email protected] when you decide what pump you want to use and i'll get you prices.  We would be interested in seeing some wholesale prices on ro parts etc as well. We actually had the exact same idea you had, a DIY Ro unit. So please do not think we stole the idea, we just decided to put something together last week. If your prices are competitive, we'll use you for the parts.

thanks

jason
    Premium Aquatics[/quote]

Just in case . Norton nailed this post as having 2 viruses.

Plasee check yuour computer for virus ! ;)

Thanks ,Walter

10. the_h2o_guru

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=Sponsors;num=1082830481;start=15#15 date=05/02/04 at 17:56:25]Wow a marriage is born.....  :'( it brings a joyful tear to my eye..... LOL  ;)[/quote]
    I know it just sort of grabs you doesn't it .
    I have always called the water business soap opera
    AS the Faucet Drips .
    Perhaps the new sags could be called as the
    Reef Weeps .

I wrote a real long reply to Jason . I trhink it got gobbled up in the virus thing .

Walter

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Walter I have norton and 3reef sent no virus to me with those posts.
    I think you may need an update virus difinition on your computer.?

12. the_h2o_guru

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=Sponsors;num=1082830481;start=15#18 date=05/03/04 at 15:33:16]Walter I have norton and 3reef sent no virus to me with those posts.
    I think you may need an update virus difinition on your computer.?[/quote]

Thanks I have no idea where that virus warning came from . In fact it should ba 3 reef thing since it was just a post .
    Anyway with all of the worms and other things floating around out there I saw no harm in posting the warning.
    As I mentioned I had written a long reply , it got lost . Perhaps you could e-mail me your phone number .

Thanks ,

Walter