weird blasto behaviour?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by yheartsp, Sep 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Well once it acclimates you can put it back to where it was! :) It just needs time to adjust.

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I've got several blasto's... I don't see anything in your pic that looks like anything to worry about...

Mine will not expand fully quite often really... or if something touches them...

Just watch it for several more days... as long as they're not deteriorating, staying closed isn't a big deal.

Like mentioned, several of my corals know my light cycle. If I leave them on too long (which is rare since they're on timers), they'll close up for the night at the same time... same with my fish. My wrasse goes to sleep in his little hole at 8:57pm on the dot every night and my lights go completely dark at 9:00pm.

Also, your aquascaping is really nice. I like your layout.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  4. yheartsp

yheartsp Purple Spiny Lobster

alright thanks, hopefully it's still acclimating and will expand fully soon, it's cool that their biological clock is so accurate, even better than mine, haha ;D

you can see more pics at my thread btw,
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-off-your-fish-tanks/my-22h-190h-upgrade-72626-2.html#post701259

5. yheartsp

yheartsp Purple Spiny Lobster

Hi everyone !

guess what? the blastomussa has finally acclimated to my lightings! didn't have to move it. it's now open even nicer than before ;D

thank you so much to everyone who replied to this thread

cheers!