we need a sticky for suitable bottled water

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Onjinsan, Dec 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nanoreefer555

nanoreefer555 Fire Shrimp

I think you are correct about commercially available systems. However, I worked at a marine pollution studies lab for some time. We had an industrial-sized triple RO/DI system that absolutely did remove all particulate matter. The only ion left in the water was hydronium (H30+) but that is because water has an autoionization factor that makes it impossible to get achieve complete DI. Autoionization is the reason water can act as both an acid and a base--it ionizes itself. Water is truly amazing stuff!

2. Click Here!

3. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Absolutely. I meant for residential and consumer use systems that are promising absolute zero TDS, is hard to believe. My RO/DI system is pretty potent and I still get detectable TDS, but nothing that will create havoc. I get 4-5ppm TDS on an average day. Now, whem money is no object and you have a $30k purification system, I'm sure you can get <1ppm, like how you mentioned at your lab. It's amazing what big budget money can buy you. I just need to win the lottery now. :)