We Buy Algae (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Mar 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Nope it isn't is it. That algae is exactly what I was emailing you about John. Thanks for link you sent me BTW.

2. Click Here!

3. monster

monster Bristle Worm

I dont know what any of this is but here you go

photo.JPG

photo(1).JPG

photo(2).JPG

4. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

5. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  6. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

Here

Dont know what it is but its AGGRIVATING! And nothing in my tank (including lettuce nudi) has taken a liking to eating it!

Attached Files:

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

really? the picture isnt all that clear, but if you look closely you can see the fern leave pattern of the stalks.

Whatever it is I have effectively wiped it out of my tank!;D

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

there are hundreds of different species and at least 20 genus (checkout "cladophora") of branching green algae. Byropsis are easier to identify than others because they are easy to rule out...long story short the thin undefined midrib on yours would only allow it to be B. hallae, and the branching is not right for it. It would be sparser radial branching, your is dense and irregular. Makes yours a good candidate for the nuisance algae guide, I just have to put it through the taxonomy key to try to narrow it down to a certain genus. These are the species I want to expand the most on in my nuisance algae guide, b.c the current guide sort of leads you to a byropsis id b/c it is the closest there...anyway that guide has a l o n g way to go, the diversity of algae in the ocean is absolutely staggering.

10. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

Im currently going through a diatom bloom, and thought I would share my pictures with you. You have permission to use my photos, Thanks

Attached Files:

11. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

if you still need some pics i got some off crazy stuff that relly no one can id for me.

12. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

well here are the 3 red algaes i have and cant get rid of. latter i will get you a pic of this nightmare brown snot that has killed to many of my corals, it makes me want to start over but i no i can get rid of it somehow.
    red_algae[1]%20nightmare.jpg

imagesCAXO3SL5.jpg

imagesCA1J9KC9.jpg