wavepoint

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by wayne, Mar 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

what do u guy think of wave point light's its a 4 x 54 watt light n i want to keep coral thanks for the help

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

What type of corals and what are the dimensions of your tank. The reflector does not look like it is a full wrap reflector for each bulb so you are not getting the full effect of the bulb if I remember right.

4. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I'm not sure what you mean by that but the reflectors are in the shape of a w with the bulb at the middle point and the two end points going past the bulb.

Down side is all four lights are wired to one plug so there is no way to control the actinics separately from the day lights. It does have two ballasts so modification would be fairly easy.

I am keeping softies and a few LPS corals without a problem under these lights. I tried a birdsnest but it failed. Judging by how fast and the way it died I think it has more to do with water quality.

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I thought the reflector didn't go past the bulb on the unit I saw. If it goes past the bulb then it should be good for most corals if they are properly placed in the tank. I really have no idea about the stock bulbs so i would look into using ATI, KZ, GE, UVL and Geisemann bulbs when I replaced the stock ones. I would probably replace the stock bulbs after about 6 months to be safe.

6. wayne

wayne Fire Worm

thanks guy i just want to make sure that there not junk n i have a 50 gal so it 36" x 18" x 18" n i want to use t5 light