Wave2k Wave Maker

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 17, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Wave 2k too much for me to deal with...and do not plan to continue using powersweeps in long run.

Have seen and have posted references to earlier...

Does anyone have experience with or know details with,

[​IMG]

The SCWD (pronounced "squid") is a revolutionary device designed to provide alternating currents without the use of electricty. The SCWD mounts inline with 3/4" tubing, the two ports alternate the output, the bottom port is the input. A great alternative to expensive electronic ball valves. The SCWD will run on any pump with a minimum output of 50 GPH and a maximum output of 1400. The switching speed and current duration is dependent on the volume of water flowing through the SCWD. You can control the duration by controlling the flow going through the SCWD. Can be submersed for use with large power heads or used externally.

I am planning on using on return lines on new tank (all-glass 120) with flexible hose to wanted locations.

OmarD

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I have one of those Omar, but I don't have it hooked up yet. From what I've heard from people, they are good for the money, but you need to adjust the hose clamps so that they are not too tight or too loose so they don't leak or draw air. Good for average pumps, there is a max GPH of somewhere around 1100 I believe. Do a search. I started a SCWD thread on this board somewhere.

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

When you use this are you putting the squid in the tank?
    Or are you putting the end of a hose in the tank?

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

SCWD can go in or out of tank...I plan on putting on return line from sump. Then use a fexible hose with somekind of nozzel fitting from the return ports in tank (2) to where I want flows s\directed at - expect it is going to take some "experimentation"..

that is present thoughts now.

Om

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I know I've done my share of derailing lately ;) , but let's keep this thread a Wave2k thread and take the SCWD stuff to the SCWD thread please.

THank you! Merry Christmas! ;D ::) :p

8. Click Here!

9. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Wow, the Wave2k looks cool. Interesting clips on the site. I think I like the Tunze more, but 4,000 gph movement with a single center unit for $215 delivered sounds like a deal. What am I missing?

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Blade_Runner link=board=Product;num=1040171491;start=15#16 date=01/28/05 at 16:33:04]Wow, the Wave2k looks cool. Interesting clips on the site. I think I like the Tunze more, but 4,000 gph movement with a single center unit for $215 delivered sounds like a deal. What am I missing?[/quote]

Well it's kinda bulky and sits in the tank. Also the pump sits on the outside of the tank and runs the thing via a belt. So you'll need room there. So the main drawback is that it's pretty obtrusive. I'd still like to try one someday for its benefits.

11. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

2.5x16x16 on the back between the overflows isn't too bad. Hmmm.

12. woowoodengy

woowoodengy Astrea Snail

i want one of these thinks bad but my only problem os that i have all my live rock leaning on the back wall of my 90 gal rr and dont want to move it if i have to tear it down for any reason (moving) i will add one then but if any body has one give us some imput maybe ill get one sooner