wave pointT5 fixture

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by artur, Jul 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

I have chance to buy on Craigslist Wave point T5 fixture.156w total with 4-39w bulbs, 36" long. each bulb has individual reflector. Downside- one cord for all bulbs, no lunar. I have 125 reef but I would use it on my frag 30gal.tank. my 2-24w are not enough. The chipeast I could find was 199, can buy it for 100 still in the box. What you guys think?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Store around here uses em for their frag tanks with decent success, since they are owned by the manufacturer of Wavepoint, Rio, and other Taam products. They are not all together too bad, and the price you found is nice. I would however immediately dump their bulbs as they are really not good at all IMHO.

Good luck!

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Sounds like a good price. Use the bulbs for 3 months then get new ones.

5. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

I'm not sure it is a deal, I just found out that it has 14x light amplifying paradynamic reflector. So no indyvidual reflectors. Is it still good??

6. Atticus818

Depends on need, and budget IMO. I don't think it's an all together bad fixture, but if you had more cash to get something better, I wouldn't hesitate at all. However if you don't need it, then I would probably save for something else.

Just my 2 cents though, its not a terrible fixture, just not insanely good either.

7. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

Yes money is the issue. So what is much better 4 bulbs 36" fixture? Just to compare. Thanks.

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

The reflector is formed so it functions somewhat like individual reflectors. It will be fine.

10. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

Thanks for all yours answers. You helped me so many times. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Atticus818

Comparatively ATI fixtures would be among the best out there. I would definitely say that fixture will suite the average need quite well, and the reflectors as stated above will be fine. It really comes down to the bulbs that they package with that fixture being quite poor, and degrading in quality relatively fast. So just use em for a few months and replace em. At $100 I wouldn't hesitate at saying this is a decent fixture.

12. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

[QUOTE=Atticus818;1181185]Comparatively ATI fixtures would be among the best out there. I would definitely say that fixture will suite the average need quite well, and the reflectors as stated above will be fine. It really comes down to the bulbs that they package with that fixture being quite poor, and degrading in quality relatively fast. So just use em for a few months and replace em. At $100 I wouldn't hesitate at saying this is a decent fixture.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! Im really thankfull for all very informative advice.