water supplements

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by hottielover14, Feb 16, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Last I checked I was around 400.
    It will help maintain it, but will not raise it a lot.
    For that I use Kent Marine Liquid Calcium.

2. Click Here!

3. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

i have that too. I does a capful every day. Then i used kalk to maintain. Is that what you do.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

5. hottielover14

6. hottielover14

i wanna get the turbo calcium by kent marine. it's supposed to be even better than the liquid calcium.

7. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I too have read all this and am writing this valuable info down.....now where is that credit card anyway.....ah there it is. Where is the best places to shop for these chemicals.

Thanks Nautilus

8. Click Here!

9. hottielover14

on Marinedepot.com or ebay is good.

10. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Just wanted to let people know about a product that seems to be working. I bought Kent Marine Coral Accel and Kent Marine PhytoPlex. I have been dosing sparingly alternating days about half the recomended amount and my soft corals have really grown in the month that I have had them. I read a arcticle about a guy that doses with these and others and thats where I heard. Hey I have a thought. I was talking to to guy up at the lfs and he is trying to move all his saltwater additives. They have been sitting on his shelves for 2 years. I told him that they will spoil and asked him if he would sell them for half price. So I can get them for real cheap. I offered to buy all he had at 25% and he is going over the numbers and will let me know. Wonder if everything he has is giid. He has Kalkwasser, Microvert, Test kits, Just about everything kent was selling 2 years ago. I offered him 300 for the works. Figure I could ebay it and keep some for myself. He is more of a feed store like for farms than a fish shop. I got my Coral excell for 4 bucks 8 OZ. PhytoPlex for 7 bucks 16 OZ. cool huh.
    Anyone know about shelf life on chemicals?

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wasn't aware of a shelf-life. Where'd you hear that? I'd be interested in hearing more about it.

12. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I hadnt heard that Matt. I was inquiring if there was a shelf life or expire date on additives.

Jay