Water quality

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dinkanber, Oct 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ricoop

ricoop Skunk Shrimp

Like everyone says, patience. First step is over, now you just have to repeat it. Don't get discouraged. Stay on top of things and you should get through just fine.

+1 to bruno

I just got my RO/DI unit. It is amazing not to have to go to the LFS and lug home 5 buckets of water. If you can afford it, Spectrapure has a 90gpd refurbished unit for $120 right now. Normally that one is $200

2. Click Here!

3. threephase37

threephase37 Fire Worm

Man just reading through the thread and this bro is in a pickle. Sorry bro for what the lfs has done. If you can find one lfs with one employee that knows what he's talking about stick with him and this site.
    Good Luck !!!

4. dinkanber

dinkanber Skunk Shrimp

Thanks I appreciate all the help. Like I said before I am only doing the minimum here to see if this is somthing I can keep up with. If I can I will be getting my own ro. I was not thrilled about lugging water today. Do I can see the benefit.

5. threephase37

threephase37 Fire Worm

I know this was mentioned before but if this is to much for you right now, take all the live stock back to the lfs you got it from and tell them to hold it till your tank is done cycling since they sold you some bad advise in the first place. Word of mouth is everything HINT HINT. This way your tank can cycle without you fighting it.

6. dinkanber

dinkanber Skunk Shrimp

Well the only real live stock I have is the one fish I was going to take back anyway and my clown. I am watching him closely. He seems fine he is eating fine and seems pretty healthy. I know it might not be the best for him but he and the goby seem fine. I don't know much about the hartyness of a clown. Also my kenya tree looks great as well as the mushrooms. The xenia is another story. That thing isn't happy at all. Was only out and pumping when I brought it home and only for a couple of hours after. It's been shriveled up like a prune for three days. Dosnt seem to be deaf yet though. It's got color and nothing has fallen off or anything so I don't know if it will make it or not

7. ricoop

ricoop Skunk Shrimp

So how are things looking now?

8. Click Here!

9. dinkanber

dinkanber Skunk Shrimp

The same except nitrites are higher a tad. I Havnt done another water change. I was just able to get water today so in the morning I will do a change.

10. dinkanber

dinkanber Skunk Shrimp

Ph. 7.8
    Am. .25
    Ni. .50
    Na. 20

I did another % 20 change. Do I keep on with it?

11. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

As a word of caution I tested the water from my grocery store and phosphates were off the chart. Friend was battling algae for a while couldn't get a head of it and realized that was why. He switched to using his tap water and things got better till he bought his own rodi.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

any reason why my salinity would drop? i had mine set at 1.024 now its down to 1.022 after about a week