Wanting a tattoo, few questions

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Mar 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

It is to an extent. But it is widely variable upon who your employer is, and where in the country you work. If one boss is OK with it, the next may not, and would never be your boss then;)

If you know that you would only work 1 job the rest of your career until retirement, and that boss was OK with it, then yeah. But who stays with one company for their entire life? Doing that will usually only lead you to be underpaid, and not advance anywhere near as quickly as one should.

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Its ok to an extent yes. I work for a very resonable employer, and its a company wide thing now. all i have is two simple bands on my forearm. Think about that one... Not a word, anything offensive. just two bands...

4. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

U could get large horse shoe with a seahorse inside of it.

5. wfb2270

wfb2270 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

wow, who would of thought a tattoo thread would get so much attention. honestly i didnt read most of the responses, but did read the intial question.
    couple things:

be very careful where you go. when i first started getting tatoos i got one just cause when i was on vacation.......took 2 years of vitamin e, and about 800 bucks to fix......i love it now but it was a tough one.

try and talk to some ppl you know that have tats. see where they went, and how they liked it. its also very important to look at thier tattoos....dont trust anyone who is giving tattoo advice that has crappy tattoos, you dont have to be an expert. just take a good look as see if it looks good to you.

once you decide on the final design wait and really think about it for a least a couple months. i generally have a couple ideas floating around in my head at a time.

6. colodan

colodan Fire Shrimp

I agree with the people that say to really think about it and pick something you know you can live with the rest of your life. I thought about mine for years until I finally decided to get it and it has so much personal meaning to me that I know for a fact that I can live with it forever, and it still took about 10 years before I actually had it done.

7. WuWu

WuWu Feather Star

Just don't get some tiny thing , they never look good and generally morph into a blob
    As for looking for an artist I'd suggest. Cruising your local shops and talking to different folks find someone you like and have them draw somthing up for you. If you like what they do and like them you may just have a match ;) I refuse to get tattooed by a ***** I don't care how good they think they are

8. Click Here!

9. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I'm glad someone finally said it. Thanks Dan. Now I wish I would have seen it.

I was in the Navy and all my friends got one. I didn't care for anything so much to get one forever. I wasn't opposed to tatoos, just didn't care for too much.

My first one I got was at 28. It was personal to me and I designed it. It's about life... something I sort of care about. Figured I made it past my foolish impulsive days of youth. Never regretted it a day. Few years later got it added to and touched up.

For all you guys with old blobs, you do know you can get them redone or covered up right?

The other one I just got a couple months ago and I'm over forty. Love it. Again... it is very personal to me and means something. And no, neither are on the side of my neck or across my knuckles.

To the OP.... just put some thought into it as far as placement and longevity. Your favorite football team might not be your favorite ten years from now. Heck, even a passion right now might not be one down the road. Just put some thought into it and do what makes you happy.

Then live with it...;D

10. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

That is true if you are anything but a Green Bay Packers fan. ;)

11. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

Absolutely make sure your ready to live with the ink you're about to put onto yourself, but know it's not quite as taboo as it once was to have a visible tat. I'm still finishing up my full sleeve now, while working at a fortune 500 company currently, with no regrets or repercussions to speak of. My ink is usually visible always, and it's never had an adverse effect in my work environment. As a matter of fact, I get more compliments than anything else, and afterwards it's businesses as usual. I'm not advocating going out and tatting yourself up all over, just sharing my experience.

I would say get a good idea of what you want, visit a couple places, find one your comfortable with and do the deed if that's what you want. I figure life's too short to make everyone happy, so worry about yourself and deal with the rest later. Where's my beer?:confused:

12. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Just don't do this!! EVEN THE GOATEE IS A TAT!!

Attached Files: