Wanting a tattoo, few questions

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Mar 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I have two one down my spine and other on my ankle. They both hurt like hell and now older and wiser wish I never had them even though they still look cool to me but I hate having to explain it to my child and will have to repeat the process as another on the way. My daughter see's mine and wants to start drawing on her self.

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

You do have to resist the urge to get more immediately, but if you can get past that and have some willpower, you won't have any issues keeping it to one or totally out of normal sight. If you plan on being any sort of professional in a white collar world, you might want to seriously think about keeping the tats to a minimum. I am not trying to offend anyone, but that is a serious thing that can make or break your career.

4. slocal

slocal Doot!

Yep. That's why I followed the rules of 3" above the elbow.

1 person likes this.
  5. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

That's why mine is on my leg,always wear pants at work

1 person likes this.
  6. slowleak

slowleak Feather Duster

Puffy just come see me, I will take care of it for you:thumb_up:

Horseshoe sitting on sandbed, maybee next to a little coral or something and the sea horse wrapped around the horseshoe by his tail...

I would say go 4-6" minimum. The smaller it is, the harder it is on the artist and the faster it will start to look like crap.

7. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

id say try some henna, or some temp stuff. I personally think its a waste of money. you can just as easily tell someone you like butterflies instead of getting a tramp stamp/butt hat.. ;D

when you grow up (no offense meant, 21 is a youngin), youll look back on things a little differently as most do. I wish i had all the money i pissed away since high school, id be retired now at 35.. guess ill have to wait a few more years.

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

It's for this reason that I regret getting my ankle band. I can't ever wear skirts to work. Of the four I have, I regret half of them because of location and quality. And Puffer Chick, if you have a low tolerance for pain like you claim you may want to ask your tattoist to give you a quick dry run with a dry needle to see if you can tolerate it. It really does hurt.

1 person likes this.
  10. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

You should get a regular horse with a seahorse head.

11. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

The world is really changing and alot of professional situations are ok with tats now as long as they arent offensive or too intrusive. LIke you wouldn't want a 卐 on your forehead!

1 person likes this.
  12. texas92

texas92 Bristle Worm

All that I have seen on this topic is good advice. For anyone wanting a tattoo ;D I have four now a half Koi sleeve, and ankle band, a mustang horse on my back and a celtic cross under my arm... Love them all but one that I got out of the blue I hate it... all the other took over 2yrs to plan and get done... So just make sure you ready to hear that buzz of the neddle :) Once you get it post pics

1 person likes this.