WANTED: Dr. Ron Tank Pics

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 27, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ok. I have been reading Dr. Ron stuff today and I am genuinely curious. Seriously. I am not looking to start a flame war, ok? Truth is, whether I agree with what he says or does, I do think he brings attention to some good things. It's up to us to think for ourselves anyway.

That said, it's just that it occurs to me everytime I read something of his, I realize I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY PICS OF HIS TANKS. So please, this thread is not about Dr. Ron, this thread is about posting pics of his tanks! If you have seen them and know where they are, PLEASE POST THEM HERE with a link to the original site.

I WANT TO SEE THEM. :)

matt

2. Click Here!

3. lzb3

lzb3 Astrea Snail

Have I heard that Dr. Ron has no tanks set up at the moment? Seems like someone said that he had so much outside cunsulting/speaking engagements that he took down his last tank. I may be thinking od someone else....

Can't remember, but I don't recall ever seeing one of his tanks either!

Elizabeth

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

hmmmm :-/ :-/ :-/
    i never saw a tank either that would be interesting to try and find some pics somewhere even if there old ones
    ill hafta do some link searchin

5. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

I have to agree. I don't think that Dr.Ron has any tanks set up right now. I think I remember seeing a thread on the RAG about this many moons ago. Something about, "if you can't do, teach," or somethiing to that nature. [smiley=book2.gif]

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Someone I know met Ron last November. He told him he just set up a tank again. REGARDLESS, I am curious to see ANY PICS, OLD or NEW. :)

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Read his articles, he's got pictures of one of his tanks sand beds.  I don't have the time to pull them for you, but they are there.

I talked with him last September and I do believe he said he had a tank going.  

Many many authors/researchers don't have a tank set-up, that means nothing.  I've had times with out tanks and it makes me no less then of an aquarist as I am now.

Of all the people who preach practices, not many have a phd on the subject, as does Dr Ron.  His area of research is exactly what he talks the most about.  Sprung, a god to many, doesn't have scientfic credentials, Borneman does though.  

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Just a pic of his sand bed? Not the whole tank?

I am not getting into whether having a tank makes one an aquarist.

I JUST WANT TO SEE A PIC OF ANY OF HIS TANKS. :)