Want to start fragging.

Discussion in 'Frags' started by coopdogyo, Oct 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rubystar

rubystar Plankton

Thank you everyone for the helpful advise! I've never fragged before (sounds so dirty) and I'm a little nervous but most of the corals I have now are inexpensive and resilient.

2. Click Here!

3. 10001110101

10001110101 Fire Worm

It's totally simple, especially ricordeas.

I try to cut it off the rock leaving as much of the "foot" as possible, then cut it into 2 or 4 pieces leaving a piece of the mouth for each.

just like a pizza cut in half or into fours.

both 2 and 4 will readily heal, just depends how many/how big you want your frags to be.

i've heard of people cutting rics into up to 20 pieces and having them all grow new shrooms.

personally i would always leave a part of the mouth... or you can just feed it a lot and it will frag itself.

fragging is so easy, you can butcher these hardy corals and they'll heal quickly, SPS are actually the easiest, you just clip the branch, or with montis you can literally snap off a piece with your fingers like peanut brittle

lps is a little more difficult but still simple, just some snips and a dremel with diamond cutting wheel (sounds expensive but actually cheap) and you're set.