want to install bean animal overflow

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by skyvern2130, Feb 19, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

I was thinking that aleeady, just want a bigger tank one day, I will get the glass hole kit
    am I right about the tag telling what type of glass or should I get a pair of polarized sun glasses. I dont own a pair of them.

Ik the tag says
    Made by
    Name
    h112a
    So idk

2. Click Here!

3. Jodah

Jodah Feather Duster

As I said before in your other thread, I highly doubt your glass is tempered. Maybe there is an incredibly slim chance the bottom is tempered. But again, I highly doubt it. It used to be the case probably 10-15yrs ago that tempered glass was used, even then usually only on the bottom pane.

Worst comes to worst, you snag a 40B during a dollar per gallon sale that petco is fond of running every few months.

4. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Thats what I was thinking, worse that happens it breaks I get a new one for 40 bucks

5. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

One thing to note is that if you do scale it down - the smallest sanitary tee that is available is 1.5". ... you'll have to use a regular tee (for what ever size you choose 3/4" or 1") ... there is no sense in going smaller than 3/4"
    I wouldn't go smaller than 1" if you end up doing it.

also, the drain (siphon) will start automatically once the water is a bit above the elbow to do the change in pressure. Once the air is purged, and all is tuned, it will become a siphon.

6. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

7. Jodah

Jodah Feather Duster

eh, if you're going smaller than 1.5", you can make your own "sanitary T" using a 45* wye and a 45* elbow really.

Product Listing PVC-Wyes-45degree

nifty find on that tempered chart!

8. Click Here!

9. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

10. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Soo I hold off on the bean animal till I go bigger, and get a 700gph glass hole kit.
    Ik how to drill it
    Will use plumber puddy to make a circle and fill with water then slowly drill not applying pressure

11. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

12. Jodah

Jodah Feather Duster

glass holes.com has tutorial and guide vids on their site. You won't be disappointed.