wana make a sump

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by SeaLevel, Jan 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SeaLevel

SeaLevel Bristle Worm

2. Click Here!

3. SeaLevel

SeaLevel Bristle Worm

i currently have a 150 gal bakpack protien skimmer on my 75 gal tank. do i need to put a skimmer in my sump or can i just use that?

4. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

I waould just use that if its rate for a 150 gallon.

5. One Dumm Hikk

One Dumm Hikk Skunk Shrimp

I can't sleep and reading up tonight and ran across this. Are you going to have a custom oversized stand for your 75? A 55 and a 75 are the same length so without some alterations, a custom stand or a wrought iron stand, will it fit under the 75?

And, Valdosta? I go through there about once a week from Columbus to Jacksonville Florida.

6. EasyMac

EasyMac Fire Worm

Why is it better to have the return in the middle? What are the pros and cons of having the return in the middle?

Would that give the fuge section less flow?

7. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

if you dont have the return in the middle the skimmer will either be skimming out all the pods from the fuge and or the fuge wont be getting the nutrients from the water because it will have already been skimmed... just tee off the drain line into 2 different sides left for skimmer right for fuge and return in the middle, that way you get the best of both worlds ;D;D;D

8. Click Here!

9. Steve Goldsmith

Steve Goldsmith Fire Shrimp

10. joksanmo

joksanmo Flamingo Tongue

I had a custom sump made. It was supposed to be from a 40G breeder tank but it was cracked. So the gentleman took it upon himself to make it out of acrylic:eek:... Here is a pic, hope it gives you an idea or helps out in some way.

Attached Files:

11. Tbone

Tbone Astrea Snail

I have a 75 g tank, I just build a 25g sump for it. I haven't put my skimmer in yet, but that is in the left hand side. Drainage comes in at both ends of sump. Right hand side is refuge. Middle compartment holds the return pump. I have a bubble trap between skimmer compartment and the return pump air.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011