Walt Smith Live Rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Blade_Runner, Dec 16, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Hatian LR, not far from Ft. Lauderdale, and then shipped to you ground in IL. Not bad at $2.99 per lb depending on the final bid price. Has been a member since 2002 and a perfect 100% satisfaction rating. I would want to call and talk to them first though.

4. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

6. sipe

sipe Plankton

The oceanproaquatics's own website has bunch of complaints from customers in the FAQ area about it being rubble when ordered and white without much color. I sent them an email question and was forwarded to that area. quite a shock. happy I didn't order from them.

7. tresguey

tresguey Fire Worm

well im going to there shop this friday to chech them out. on there site they do sell rubble as well as live rock. i will post on what i see.

8. Click Here!

9. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I got mine here

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?siteid=20&pCatId=393&TopCatId=393

I got the figi. I have ordered twice from them. Very happy with the quality and quantity. About half purple coraline coverage. Very light rock with intresting shapes with some caves and natural shelves. I was very impressed.

Heres a pic of the second order after I put it in my tank. Its a 60 gallon and has 90 pounds rock in it. I will also find a pic of my 30 gallon with the 45 pound order so you can see the volume that they send and the colors.

Attached Files:

10. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Heres the 30 gallon with 45 pounds. The 90 pounds that I got was about 350 bucks shipped

30 gallon with 45 pounds Drs. Foster & Smith's Select Fiji Premium Live Rock

Attached Files:

11. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Sipe the HiRock or Walt Smith?

Anyway, I got the HiRock in. It's OK, but I'm not too impressed. Shipping was shoddy. Just rocks in a box. No packing material. Rocks have iffy shape. I wouldn't disagree with the word rubble. After washing in a utility sink there had to be 1/2" of sand and mud left in the bottom of the sink after draining. It will do it's job and given a good home will eventually grow.

I wouldn't recommend them.

12. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Thanks for the good word! or bad, as it were...sorry....

and you had ordered their "best" stuff, right?