Walmart carries salt now!

Discussion in 'Salt' started by Flaring Afro, May 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

You know Dennis, I have tried every type of salt out there, over the years. Coral Pro, Tropic Marine, Reef Crystals, etc.......(when I worked at the LFS, I got the high end stuff really cheap). I can honestly say, I couldn't tell that much of a difference with coral growth. Would I use that stuff if it were given to me or just as cheap as coralife or instant ocean? You bet I would but I won't pay extra for them. I really am glad you like it though.

2. Click Here!

3. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Have to agree with Daniel, I use corallife and like my results. One of the cheaper salts out there too.

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

My last WC was actually done with coralife, after I've been using instant ocean for a few months. I haven't seen any difference at all. Corals and fish are all looking great and havent skipped a beat.

5. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

Wonder how good it is?

6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Probably OK. I'd check the parameters before using with corals or inverts, though. Also, as already stated, it's a bit on the expensive side, considering I can get 50g for $17 or 200g for $40.

7. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

I'll stick to my instant ocean reef crystals.