Wall Frogspawn - Dying?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by captscott, Feb 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. captscott

captscott Astrea Snail

So my frogspawn appears to be dying. Just noticed today it has a small section that has pulled in on an edge. Have noticed the last couple weeks it's not been getting as large as it once did. Any chance I can save it? If so, ideas on how to do so?

Thanks.

Scott

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

You didn't change the flow pattern in the tank did you? Mine was retracted like that on one side when it got too much flow. Maybe that's your problem.

4. captscott

captscott Astrea Snail

flow pattern-yes, increased flow-no. in fact, the flow is probably less than it was as I replaced my three maxi-jets with four, koralina 2's. the maxijets were very direct and pretty hard, whereas the koralinas are much more gentle and spread out.

you might be on to something though. wondering if I should move to an area with a little more flow...

5. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

I will suggest that when you post and are asking for help or for ideas, please include all basic information. Basic information should include; all water parameters(Calcium,Magnesium,Alkalinity,Ph and Nitrate and Phosphate levels) along with Temp. of your tank and Sg (specific gravity).Size of tank and complete set up meaning, filter type (sump, canister etc.), if you use a skimmer,lighting (what type and total output)plus what type of lighting are you using and what is your lighting schedule (how long a period are your actinic and daylights on) and if you have fish only with live rock and if you keep
    corals. Also how long the tank has been up. I know some of this is in
    your bio but many bios don't contain this info. How many times has someone posted and then there is this list of postings addressing the above. If you give the most info you can to give us a good profile, it will cut down on response time and mis-diagnosis or answers that don't
    fit and we will all benefit.