Votrech pumps

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by artur, Jun 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Heres my take on the MP's.
    i wont own one again.
    the noise is a problem (my tanks in my living room so it has to be somewhat quite)
    cant change direction of flow (major issue in my mind)
    you really need 2 to make them even worth while (over my budget)

they do put out alot of flow, have a small footprint in the tank, and no wires going into the tank, thats a big plus.
    overall i think they are overpriced and hyped up beyond belief. i think people that have them need to justify the ungodly ammounts they spent on them by saying there the best thing in the world. i bought one too, was impressed for a month while i was playing with all the settings (ooo look a wave), and then went pack to regular powerheads.

oh and just so everyone knows, i had a MP40 on a 3ft 65g and i still needed additional powerheads even with my return.

2. Click Here!

3. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

Thanks for all your opinions. As always lot of different opinions. I guess the best way is just to try one....

4. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

How's going? Thanks again for those Pods around year ago..?

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Oh yeah! No problem I forgot all about that!

On Subject, keep in mine MP40s has a GREAT resale value so keep the box and all the ties and bags and if you dont like it you can sell it only losing a tiny bit of money.

6. Rarend99

Rarend99 Coral Banded Shrimp

keep an eye out for used MP40s on your local CL, i found a pair of MP40Ws that were about a year and a half old that the guy sold me for 200 each! They are going to be the only two powerheads in my 100Gallon rimless, for now they reside in my 75 gallon and i have them at 40%

7. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

Wow. That's really cheap. I watch our local CL for a while but did not see one yet..:(.