Votrech pumps

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by artur, Jun 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

Or save yourself a ton of money and I stall 2 WP40s instead ? Almost 1/4 of the cost.

2. Click Here!

3. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

They weren't invented yet when I bought my MP40. Thanks for the suggestion though ;)

4. Chris!

Chris! Banned

They haven't proved themselves yet either IMO.

OP how thick is your glass?? If $ is the issue and your tank isn't to thick you could start with the 2 mp10's (one on each end) and when you realize they probably aren't enough save up for the mp40 and run that opposite the 2 mp10s which will give you a little more diversity for flow..... IF the tank is over 1/2" thick (I believe thats the cut off anyway) then you can rule the mp10 out. But I would go vortech for sure!

5. Rarend99

Rarend99 Coral Banded Shrimp

My vortechs have been my best investment for my tank yet

6. Scuba Ken

Lasted longer than my Korillia pumps, I bought 2 1040's that both ended up being sent back to the retailer for problems, I am just about to buy.2 more for my new 350 that is arriving 2 weeks early tonight and tomorrow.

7. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

This. I had one for along time and now another one is on its way.

8. Click Here!

9. Chris!

Chris! Banned

I've had 4 koralias (3x1400 and 1x 1050) for 3+ years, they just recently started to crap out but I ran them all on a wavemaker for 2+ years so it was more then expected lol

People are starting to have issues with the wp40 as well from my understanding, some even right out of the box... Regardless they have only been around for a couple months thats not nearly as proven as vortechs which are the real pumps at discussion here. I was on the cheap boat for many years (hence the koralias on a wavemaker lol) but I really kick myself now for waiting so long. My mp40 was hands down best thing I've done for my tank.... and one of the safest too. Even if it fails I know it won't shock my tank. At the end of the day when I have thousands at risk with my fish and corals saving even a few hundred isn't worth losing thousands!

10. Scuba Ken

That's cool, I don't scrimp, I spend what I need to, I just don't think I need to spend money there, when I can adequately cover it with cheaper.
    As they say "when in Rome". I'm in Edmonton, we do cheap :)

Happy Fathers day everyone

11. Chris!

Chris! Banned

You don't scrimp but you went with a new cheap chinese product over a quality well known and trusted american assembled and inspected product????

Happy Fathers day as well.

12. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

Edmontonians (??) probably don't care about American made.