Vortech mp40 quiet drive

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Swisswiss, Jun 29, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

Took advantage of the low pound rate to get me a couple of these bad boys. Set up yesterday with Master /slave relation on TSM @ about 80% aaaaand......

Holy crap do I love them! discreet and powerful, good bye Tunze (though you remain my "go to" brand for ATO,Skimmers/filtration) hello Ecotech!!!

this being said the Radions have given me more problems than pleasure and though I still use them to light my sump, fresh water tank and my soon to be Biocube (surprise!) I have long switched to aquatlatis easy leds, less control over which diode does what but they work brilliantly regardless. they are made on purpose aquatlantis aquariums, which is what I have and fit in slickly....

for those curious I use a "deep blue" strip and a "marine and reef" strip mounted on a single t5 rail. they actually slide in as though they were t5 bulbs, its rather ingenious.....I seem to have good coloration and growth, at least with montiporas digi and capri, euphillyas, zoas, and a catalophillya thats rockin!....... I'm even starting to see coralline appear...

anyway just though I would share my delight and maybe you more experienced vortech users have some tips and tricks

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

In fact I actually have a question.... I'm a big fan of the idea of slowing flow down at night, especially for the sake of my CBB that will rest in "open space" in a corner with low flow....If I enter "night mode" at 9pm one night will the pumps remember to do the same the next day or do I have to manually set night mode every time?

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

If you have the reef link or eco smart live, they can be programmed to do it every night.

5. Swisswiss

"or" when i logged on to ecosmart live it said i needed a reeflink :(....I read it remembers though when u activate it....I dont know there is only one way to find out i guess

6. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

I have the MP 10QD and I set mine to night mode starting at 10:30PM and that will go for eight hours and you do not need to set it every night unless your setup loses power. It remembers :wink:
    No extra software needed

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  7. Swisswiss

8. Click Here!

9. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

The little booklet it comes with that shows how to setup different flow modes has a section telling how to setup night mode

10. Swisswiss

yeah I saw just wasnt sure if it had an "internal memory"

11. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

The ecotech pumps are amazing, congrats Swiss. I'm still utilizing my marine land power heads, lol.

12. Swisswiss

[​IMG]

DSC reef likes this.