Vivid Aquarium order coming soon

Discussion in 'Coral' started by bjc541, May 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Looks good. Been waiting to see how everything looked & how it went. Been eyeballing a couple of thier pieces lately myself.

2. Click Here!

3. bjc541

bjc541 Fire Shrimp

Will the birdsnest get fuzzy polyps?

4. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

lol corailline .. One of my favorite past times as well haha. Except I just sit and drool over the corals I can't afford haha.

1 person likes this.
  5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

not to thrilled with vivid every thing is way to small ( frags sized) and both clams died shortly after 2 weeks. and when they say 1 1/2 inches they mean it. i never seen a clam that small for 99.00!!!! what was i thinking ?

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yes just give it a couple days to acclimate. Overall, the corals I would say look very good. Sps can take several days to acclimate. If after 4 days you do not see an improvement in PE, put up another image. BN can be touchy about not having enough flow and show reduced PE, but I would give it a couple days first before moving it all over.

7. bjc541

bjc541 Fire Shrimp

It's actually getting blasted with flow

8. Click Here!

9. bjc541

bjc541 Fire Shrimp

Very small clams have to fed phyto

10. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

well thats not true. i have a 2 inch clam from liveaquara that i have had a while and its fine. i feed my corals and inverts special foods. besides what i feed the fish.

11. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

http://www.3reef.com/forums/clams/aquarium-myths-baby-clams-110472.html
    From Mike J Rice:
    This is where the real science started to come out. While the fact that they possess less surface area for zooxanthellae to live on while they are small is obvious, you must consider density of the zooxanthellae. It has been found in several prominent studies that for unknown reasons density actually goes down as a clam matures, which means that a small clam actually has more ability to produce nutrients from light proportionally to mantel size. You must also consider how much energy a clam must produce to live and grow. As a clam's mantel grows it's shell grows rapidly out of proportion and consumes more and more energy the bigger the clam gets. Clams internal soft parts also gain mass out of proportion and need much more energy the bigger the clam gets. So a larger clam not only has a less efficient mantel, but it also requires more energy.

12. bjc541

bjc541 Fire Shrimp

Anybody else wanna comment?