Visi-Jet Protein Skimmer

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Gaspare, Aug 12, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Hi,
    I had a visi-jet skimmer in my frist 30 gal. set-up. I bought it new and I could'nt get it to skim anything. So finally I called the guys who made it, they told me to set the flow rate at 50. I did that thinking it wasn't going to work but the next day maybe even longer it started working. After I had that bit of info it worked really well, except it did take up a whole corner, and it's held together with plastic zip ties. Buy alot of these, because when you take the skimmer apart to clean it. You will want to use new ones to get a good seal again. The old ones will hold it together but sloppy!

2. Click Here!

3. Gaspare

Gaspare Astrea Snail

Thanks for the tip. Did it put alot of fine bubles into the tank? Is this normal?

4. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Oh yeah! If you are getting more bubbles than you want. Just take the "foot" off the bottom so that it just open down there. Some might still get out, but it'll be alot less. It won't effect the skimmer at all ;D Good Luck ;)

5. Gaspare

Gaspare Astrea Snail

I will give that a try. thank you very much I hope it works