Vine-like algae

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Bunner, Oct 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

caulerpa or chaeto

2. Click Here!

3. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Here is a picture of the Caulerpa brachypus,

[​IMG]

and I would like some of it if you want to send it to me.
    I'd pay the postage, pm me with your info.

I have Both Caulerpa racemosa
    [​IMG]

Caulerpa mexicana
    [​IMG]
    and would like to add that one.

4. lpd154

lpd154 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is what I was dealing with prior to getting the foxface rabbitfish. Now the lawn is mowed and the hedges have been trimmed, this fish is amazing when it comes to eating this stuff. The only place that I have active growth now is in the overflow and each evening I pull some of calerpa from the overflow and feed the rabbitfish.

5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

what i have on that rock ,which i threw in the fug and took the loss of the coral thats was on the rock, is a very small smooth leaved vine that seems to grab onto the rock and put its roots into it. so when you pull it off it just comes back from the roots, and pulling it off isnt easy the vines are so small they break easy. anyway i hit what had made it onto other rocks with joes juice which seemed to have killed a lot but i still see some i missed and will keep trying to get it out of the tank.

i used the gardeners way. when there is a vine/weed in your garden you paint the leaves with poison. the poison gets sucked down into the roots threw whats on the leaves. the joes juice is not meant for this but i figured i would try it, seems to be working but its one of those things you have to watch and keep hitting it. my next step would have been an Epsom salt paste on the leaves

6. lpd154

lpd154 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

What is the livestock load on your tank? Could you add another fish? I always go by the rule natural is better than chemicals if at all possible....

7. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

That's the nasty stuff. I would work on removing that.

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

my tank is kind of full. im not finding much of it lately. i hope i have got it on its way out.