[Video] montipora eating nudi treatment

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Dingo, Jul 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

I believe you, made that mistake with my first corals from a local reefer and caught a bad case of flatworms..... everything gets dipped and quarantined now!

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

4. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

even with quarantine you might miss them... i read on WWC that they take about three months to starve, now thats a long time for quarantining corals.

mine hitched a ride in on either zoas (most likely cuz it was from a kids tank who is new to the hobby and told me "i tried a montipora before and couldnt keep it alive") or on an A. abrotanoides frag from our clubs president whos been in the hobby for 20+ years... hmm wonder whos thank it was from now? ;)
    so obviously it didnt originate from a new montipora frag. just more reason to dip EVERY coral

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I was reading about these guys last night and I read that dipping doesn't help with them, you have to manually remove them.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Quarantining is more for the purpose of observing the corals before they go into the tank. If it's got pests we either treat them or trash them. A three month wait is not unreasonable when you're as much of a monti fan as I am :)

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

eh... more of an acro fan myself ;)

todays update: after my throughly excessive manual cleaning yesterday, only one juvi has appeared today. Although the added six lines should be helping, they are more concerned with hiding due to the fact that the evil pseudochromis will not let them alone.

8. Click Here!

9. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

10. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

hehehehe :yelrotflm

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Then you must know about quarantining for red bugs and acro eating flatworms :D

12. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

i always do!!! but thankfully I havent run into them and i hope I never do...

this incident happened in my dads tank and he takes frags from anyone and everyone lol... I on the other hand, will only accept frags from people that i absolutely trust and know that they have the same regard for their corals/tank as I do!