VIDEO: Maxspect Gyre Generator Pump in action!

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by MarineDepot, Oct 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Regular cleaning/maintenance is required for all pumps. As you noted, performance of some do drop off much quicker than others. Since this pump is brand new, it’s long term durability is yet to be determined. However, Maxspect products do have a very good reputation so we wouldn’t expect otherwise for their new Gyre.

2. Click Here!

3. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I 100% agree on regular maintenance on all pumps. My concern is when I saw this picture and thought if they are using these small openings, it's going to be the first spot for getting gummed up. However, time will tell. I can't wait to see one in person!

[​IMG]

MarineDepot likes this.
  4. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Keeping nutrients down, and algae away, is a good way of not having to clean pumps excessively. :rolleyes:

MarineDepot likes this.
  5. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

CoralVue has a pretty thorough PDF manual available on their website that breaks down all the functionality. It didn't open in my browser so I had to download it. But it has diagrams and all sorts of good stuff inside.

http://www.coralvue.com/maxspect-gyre-generator

6. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Not sure if you saw my review of the new model jebao but it is a huge improvement of the old. Wider intake fins so do should not get as gunked up.

And wireless master/slave modes for $60. Psh

7. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

This designed reminds me of a centrifugal style turbine. I think this will be the up and coming design for powerheads. I currently use a jebao wp-40 and 25 in my 90gal. Both great pumps, but I think this will be the replacement of both in my tank when it comes out.

MarineDepot likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I agree, I just got a rw15 and it's a much better design than the WP series. In a year from now, you'll be able to pick up an wp40 for probably $40. Between people buying the maxspect and the rw pumps.

I think the maxspect is going to berth some great innovations in water movement. I saw the pdf and I love the controller and I like the options to reverse the wheels and have different flows. This brings a new level to what I saw to begin with. I think this is a great powerhead. I won't buy one, just because that price is above what I can afford. Plus, I just bought 2 RW-15s... But that's ok. I've bought so many powerheads since I've started... For some reason I'm attracted to the perfect flow in a mixed reef tank and that's (to me) is just difficult (with my setup)

MarineDepot likes this.