Video: Brillux planted tanks of PetFair 2011 (part 3 of the report)

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by akwabiotop, Aug 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

He posted the third video twice.;)

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I am with you Matt we need to get this guy to Macna.;)

4. Muscleman

Muscleman Plankton

All the tanks were totally awesome and very colourful, I wish I had one of those but they have to be maintained well which is a bit difficult to me.

5. akwabiotop

akwabiotop Plankton

As usual - my pleasure :)

Yeah, I was also quite surprised by the judges' verdict. The funny thing is, I was so sure that tanks 1, 3 and 6 will win, that I spend most of my time filming them. When I was informed about the verdict I desperately recorded some more footage - although by then everyone started to disassemble the tanks (which can be clearly seen in the end of the fragment showing the 1st place tank - this hand in the reflection on the glass is a hand of an aquascaper who is disassembling the nearest tank :) ).

6. akwabiotop

akwabiotop Plankton

Yeah :) Actually, for a long time I have been sort of "mad" (or angry - don't know which word is better... :) ) about the fact that manufacturers of the aquariums usually make them high and narrow (not only AquaEl) - for a beginner such proportions are probably the worst. But finally I've found a good use of such tanks ;)

7. akwabiotop

akwabiotop Plankton

(possible) Explanation 1 - it is holiday time, and many people are taking a nice sunbath instead of sitting by the computer and read new posts ;)

(possible) Explanation 2 - most of the aquarists are simply more interested in tank-related problems or topics than in the reports from aquaristic events. But I think it is also the matter of the scale of the event, and if that event is well known or not. My video presenting the tanks from The Art of the Planted Aquarium 2011 contest in Hannover, scored almost 17 000 views during few months, without any advertising, I've just posted the link on 3 aquascaping forums. The rest was done by the public :)

8. Click Here!

9. akwabiotop

akwabiotop Plankton

Yes :) In two weeks there is another zoological fair in Poland, called ZooBotanica, and it is in my city of Wroclaw. Then there is next fair, in Warsaw, and then I plan to go to Danish Aquarium Fair in Aarhus, and to Aquatics Live in London. Have no idea how I will be able to afford all that, but I have to think of something, because those events will be like a proper leverage to the number of views of my YouTube channel (and I would really like to support my filming travels from the income - hopefully - generated by it).

You know, I also accept checks and direct money transfers - who uses cash those days, anyway? ;) 8)

10. akwabiotop

akwabiotop Plankton

Yeah, I'm really sorry for that confusion :-[ It's true, I posted the same posts twice, just to provide more people with the possibility of seeing them. I'm still thinking about the best place to post the links, and it definitely should be just ONE place, to get the viewers used to it. Right now it is somewhat "trial and error" procedure, I'm testing how many views are the posts getting in different places, so please excuse me :)

11. akwabiotop

akwabiotop Plankton

What is "Macna"? Ahaa, Marine Aquarium Conference of North America! :) Wow! It would be great to attend such event... :)

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

OH man those sound great - please keep in touch and let me know if you go to those. In the meantime, I will save my beer money for you. :)

Please avoid double posting. I will merge.