Very foggie water+tons of hair algea

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by bmxer193, Oct 8, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bmxer193

bmxer193 Astrea Snail

When i woke up this morning the water in my tank was crystal clear!! but 9 hours later the water was FULL of hair algea and i can barely see the other side of the tank (the tank isnt very big only a 10 gal). The only thing i have done since is a 35% water change, (to get rid of the salt for my new snails) the water i put into the tank was treated with the normal product i use BUT i added something new to the water for the first time called EASY BALANCE made by tetra the label also said "with nitraban!" and i also added a few new very small snails (i cant ID them plz help on this post of mine click here to see it).

I have been trying to scope the large blobs of hair aglea out with the net but this has little effect because there is SO much. This tank has been up for a few months now and has fully cycled.

PlZ help! thank you!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. bmxer193

bmxer193 Astrea Snail

i think i found the problem now... I acidently added 2 times as much as i should have (ya thats how smart i am lol) and i did a 40% water change but its still cloudy although its not as cloudy