Vertical Fuge

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Boredm, Jun 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Boredm

Boredm Spaghetti Worm

hi everyone,

I'm making a fuge for my 75g. I have a 20 long that's doing nothing and a 40 tall that has had all of it's contents moved to a new 55:)

I planned on a fuge from the start of the sw project. Taking the bottom plate off of the 20L and placing it on the top of the 40 to enclose it and then turning the 40 on it's side should help save some space in my tiny condo. Here's the problem. I can't get the F-in bottom plate off. I've cut the silicone inside and out hoping that the plate would pop out. There's obviously something else holding this bad boy on. If you guys could send some help asap then maybe I can get this thing up and going inside the week. I will document every step incase that helps. THANK YOU ALL!

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

The pieces of glass also have glue that keeps them together. Why dont you let an LFS do that for you, if you dont have too much exp. with that? Luna

1 person likes this.
  4. Boredm

Boredm Spaghetti Worm

If I let someone else do it then I'll never learn. Besides, I have no money. Thanks for the advice though. Gonna work on it tonight

5. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

try running some fishing line down in between the plates, like floss. this is how i took apart the some old fish tanks. have to be extremely carfeull if you dont want to brake the glass. took me a couple nights of working at it to get a wwhoe 30 gal takin apart.

honestly i dont know for sure but it did not seem like any other glues were used , the cuts are so perfect and the silcone so strong. its just to tight a fit to get a regular razor between the panes.

6. Boredm

Boredm Spaghetti Worm

Yea I'm going to try that fishing line trick. Any idea's on the baffling? If I treat it like a normal fuge then there could be a lot of wasted space up top. Thinking of a feed and return with pvc somehow. Anyways. I'll put up some pictures. Luna, how would the lfs do it? Is there a way to dissolve the glue?