venting over a broken fuge

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by tigermike74, Jan 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Ouch, that sucks. I pulled on my wet/dry once, trying to position it closer to the edge of the stand and cracked one of the baffles on the inside. It was only a small section at the top and didn't do any damage. Sorry about your woes too. I guess it's better to get the bad luck out of the way first huh? :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Here are pics of the busted fuge. I'm lucky it didn't break in the inhabited section or it would have been a REAL mess! :eek:

Attached Files:

4. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

soon your new one will be up and running and you will forget this even happend, cheers to reefing....

5. xeddyboi420x

xeddyboi420x Bristle Worm

6. bc219

bc219 Millepora

I feel your pain with the Rio! Mine did this about a week ago, I had a Rio 2500 water fountain under my tank and it was not good! And mine did get the power strip, I had to suck it up and get electrocuted as I unplugged everything.

That was so horrible and I cannot imagine breaking my fuge at the same time! I'm sorry to hear that all this happened to you. I'm like your GF though, I'm always telling my man that things happened for a reason. I'm sure you'll build a better fuge now and you will have learned from this :) K+

1 person likes this.
  7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I'm running the mag-drive 1800 I'm pretty sure it's 3/4" though not 1/2"

8. Click Here!

9. mltmtascp

mltmtascp Astrea Snail

Sorry for your breakage. My husband left the DI unit running over night last week. We had a lake in our aquarium room. And that is why I will not have an aquarium on my hardwood floors. At least the floor got a much needed mopping. No more salt grime. LOL