Uv xr-e?

Discussion in 'RapidLED' started by damon, Jan 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. damon

damon Sea Dragon

so I've seen a few flashlights with 3watt UV (360-390nm) XR-E leds in them, but I can't seem to fine the leds themselves. Can you guys get these?

2. Click Here!

3. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Do you have an order code for them? I wasn't aware that CREE made any LEDs with such low nm wavelengths.

4. damon

damon Sea Dragon

No, I've only found them in flashlights, I did not even see anything for them on the cree web site. Do you think the flashlights are lying?
    Ultravoilet 3-Watt CREE XR-E UV LED Flashlight - UV-B19 - 2 x CR123A

5. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I had looked and looked for UV CREE's and never found any. XR-E, XP-G, XP-E...etc. They don't make a violet light...according to their website that is. I have found a couple of other companies that do, however, for a 3W version of this on a Star, they were quite expensive compared to RapidLED's price per LED.

6. damon

damon Sea Dragon

so I called cree and they said that they did make them in the past, but it's been about 5 years since they have been in production. He said they did not expect to bring them back ether. Major bummer!

7. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Interesting, thanks for the info. We've asked CREE as well previously and have always been told that they don't make UV LEDs, so I was curious as to where the 390nm LEDs were coming from.