User Review - Octopus BH-100F

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by PackLeader, Sep 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

We're very happy with our Octo in sump setup. It took a while of playing around to get everything right, but once it's right, it's right. Good stuff.

2. Click Here!

3. m_hsiao

m_hsiao Purple Spiny Lobster

i have a question pack, i have the octopus as well, but the the other model.. the bh100.. my pump is not working on it.. i think it's a resun king pump... all the octopus use the same pump, know anywhere that i can order a replacement pump by any chance?

4. dkidell

dkidell Astrea Snail

hi there, i have the bh 100f, and a ton of microbubbles, don't understand what you meant by sticking what in what ( :) ), also my middle chamber is only half full with bubbles, if i fill it all up i got bubbles everywhere, is there a way to get rid of them, i feel like i don't use my skimmer to it's fullest. thanks!!!!

5. libog2fish

libog2fish Fire Shrimp

digging this out of the grave need help!

ok we'll i just recently purchased this skimmer of a local shut down reefer...
    I'm having issues with the skimmer...
    Main thing Is I can't seem to prime the skimming going into the 2nd chamber where the resun pump Is pushing water In...
    I'm tired Of playing around with the syponing water in and out and refilling the 1st chamber just to get this darn skimmer at it's preforming matter...
    please help If any of you fellow reefers are knowing any simple instructions on this type of skimmer...:(:angry:

6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I do not have this exact model, but I do have a BH1000F which is a variation on a theme, made by same company

when you fill the skimmer up with water so it starts overflowing
    you need to pinch the airline part very tight then plug the unit in
    as otherwise the pump drags more air in than it needs, and the water flow stops
    plug it in with the airline pinched very tight so that no air can get it at all
    allow the pump to cycle water through the unit and back into the tank through the outlet
    once you see the water level start to rise about 1 inch or so over the overflow pipe, then gently release the pressure on the airline so that air is gradually introduced into the water

try that and then come back if it does not help

naturally if you have clamped the airline and it will still not cycle water through the skimmer, you may have a clogged/ block water pump (Resun)

if thats the case, remove the pump and try that in a bucket of water
    to check that its not blocked

if the pump is not blocked , then it could be a blockage in the in pipe leading to the pump - in which case take that apart, and run a piece of airline through it or run it under the tap using water pressure to clear the obstruction

if any of the above concern you, I can take mine apart and capture some images, so you can see how its done, without damaging the unit

Steve

7. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Hey I got the same skimmer but it did not come with that little blue dial thing you show on top of the white valve with the blueline sticking out the side. Does your model have the resum pump or the OTP seems like the pics I google of this skimmer all look slightly different