Upgrading to a 210!!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by seawillow, Apr 18, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

Bruce....that's awesome...way to go!!! Matt, the tank is still in the garage in the box...waiting for me to get everything ready....Will post pics soon!! Cindy

2. Click Here!

3. seawillow

Yesterday took that road trip to Cape Cod and visited a store called Fishy Business. Came home with 5 bags of Southdown and also came home to find another one on the front porch....a payback from a friend that I gave sand to in the past. My LR came in on Wed. (about 46 lbs) and I cycled it in a rubbermaid until a little while ago when I moved it into an extra tank of new salt water where it will continue curing. I also got about 30 lbs. or so of cured LR at work which is in the sump...waiting. Finally got an auto shut-off on the RO/DI unit...yeah.....no more floods. We've had the parts, but just haven't gotten around to hooking them up. Will keep ya'll posted on progress!

Attached Files:

4. seawillow

Another pic of rock....

Attached Files:

5. seawillow

Ya right...and I said no more floods....I took the day off Thurs. to get caught up on a few things. We lost power about noon time, I was heading out to see my step daughter. Checked out tank...all was well. Checked out things in the basement fish room...all appeared well. Anyways...I left. It seems when the power came back on, the overflow box running from the middle sump to the end sump with the return pump, somehow lost it's syphon....I hate overflow boxes! I came home about 3 hours later, power was back on, I checked the tank....the water was below half full! I ran downstairs and found a flooded basement. Good thing I had salt water made up for the new tank! I know one thing for sure...when I do the new set-up, I'm gonna try to avoid overflow boxes....the only good thing about this is....I needed to do a water change anyways...:) Today it's raining like crazy here so it's new sump day! Gonna hopefully get it built! I'll keep you all posted.

1 person likes this.
  6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

What a bummer! I bet 'dursos' would work better than u-tube boxes, I haven't had a problem with mine. Do you have a drain in the basement yet? :)

7. seawillow

Good idea on the dursos....Today was a wasted day as far as the sump was concerned.....lost our power again is this stupid nor'easter rain storm. So, the B/F and I went to look at new vehicles (well actually newer). The good news is that the sump did not overflow this time....:) Hopefully tomorrow will be a better sump day....hmmm, good thing to do on Mother's Day...lol....I'm really getting impatient about this tank......

8. Click Here!

9. seawillow

Nope .....no drain in basement...yet....lol....

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

u should buy a generator, its to loud for where i live...but when i lose power i wish i had one :)

11. seawillow

Yeah...I was really thinking about getting a generator.....We very rarely lose power, but twice in just a few days...too much!

12. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

ya...i lost mine for like 22 hours...i lost all my shrimp and some fish...no corals though :)