upgrading to 40B:)

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by dsmerf214, Jan 4, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

;D always something to think about;)

2. Click Here!

3. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

Wednesday is shaping up to be a big day for my tank! I ordered rock from marco rocks, and the local company I'm getting a second clown from is posting their new arrivals that day too! I'm pretty sure I'm going for a nearly naked. Cant wait!

4. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

oh cruel fate! I got both shipments of rock today, and I'm sick as a dog. I dont feel like doing anything! UGH!

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

It is a really really sick hobbyist that is not all over a new shipment, even rocks.

Get well.

6. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

Hey everyone! Sorry its been so long. You may have noticed my last post said I was feeling sick. Turns out I am pregnant:) Very good news for me, not so hot for my tank. Between morning sickness and utter exhaustion very little was done for my 20 gal, and nothing for the new tank set up. I (nearly) lost my favorite frag of favia, and a two other small frags that a pistol shrimp used to make his caves with. None of them are completely dead, but I'm not sure if they will make it. The rest of the coral is a bit worse for wear but should be fine. All the fish are fine as well.

I started putting the new tank together a couple of weeks ago. Dry rock, sand and water went in along with a few pieces of live rock from my 20 gal. We have been slowly adding LR and CUC members. So far so good. No ammonia spikes, and NO3 is now in the building. Today we did a water change, started the fuge, and added a few coral.
    Originally the old fuge was pretty much going to be dumped in the new, but upon closer inspection there were aiptasia and bubble algae in there! There were also some tiny jellyfish like creatures- some attached to rocks like little pulsating bells, others free swimming. None of that stuff was in my DT recently. How is that possible?
    I currently have about half of my 20 gal in the new tank. I dont want to put the rest in and cause it to re-cycle on a large scale.

Anyway, here's a pic

Attached Files:

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

The scape looks fantastic!!!

The MUCH bigger thing is your current condition, MUCHO congratulations.

The Hydroid jellies or just plain all jellies will die off as the tank ages, but they are way cool.

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Congrats on the big news!

10. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Tank looks great! Congratulations on your diagnosis for your sickness :) Hopefully you're getting past the nausea stuff at this point :)

11. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

Thanks, the scape is really coming along. We still have more live rock to add to it. We are super excited for the baby:)

Thanks Marshall:)

So far so good! And yes, thats just about the best diagnosis ever:) I seem to be past the worst of the symptoms at this point, just REALLY tired all the time. Naps are the best thing ever;D

12. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

I finally got everything from my old tank switched over to the new (including the fish) so i figured it was time for an update and some pics! I also went to the NJ frag swuap and got a beautiful welso (been wanting one forever!) and a few beautiful frags. We had originally wanted to go to macna this year, but I'll be WAY too pregnant to travel by August:p Without further ado, the pics!

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.