Upgrade Halide/Canopy Build

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Robman, Mar 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CrazyA

CrazyA Feather Duster

looks great !!!

Ya i wish i had a basement. But instead i got to belly crawl my way around under the house in the crawl space. No worries though, just so long as you dont trip the breaker you should be good to go. Just slap in on the tank already ...haha... :)

2. Click Here!

3. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I brought it inside and tested on the actual circuit I will be using. Turned everything on in the room. Handled it fine and breaker is running cool.

4. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Thanks...I am going to go with 110v. I appreciate the info!!

5. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

All that is left is the top trim, T-5 wiring and ballast, and mounting the moonlights if I can find a spot for them. Sunday morning is the D-Day!!!

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

Im blind! those are ridiculously bright.. I think your power company might be stopping by next month to see why you got 3 bat signal sky lights in your house.. :)

7. CrazyA

CrazyA Feather Duster

I had a friend (who is a local police officer) help me with my wiring and he mentioned too that the power company might make a visit. I wonder if anyone has had a visit from their power company due to upgraded builds like this one.

8. Click Here!

9. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Final wiring and tidying up.

Well here are the final steps. Wired in the supplement T-5's and mounted all the Ballasts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test fired the T-5's...All ok!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found a place for my moonlights. They are partially blocked by the Halide reflectors, but still should put enough in the tank for a nice glow.

[​IMG]

Here it is with both the halides and the T-5's

[​IMG]

Lots of wiring to route and tie down. The canopy , once it has the trim on it, is high enough when sitting on the tank. You will not be able to see any of this.

[​IMG]

The trim for the top has its last coat of urethane drying. It should go on tommorow night. That will be it until it goes on Sunday!!! I am so ready to see this thing on the tank..;)

10. CrazyA

CrazyA Feather Duster

looks like a special effect in a movie or something. You sure got yourself a lots of light there.
    Looks real good

11. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Thanks..I wish there was a way you could change the title of your post, so you can tell people that there are new pics inside...Seems like everyone has lost interest. I am just as guilty...If i see the same title over and over, I just say to myself..Oh I have already seen that one. Would be nice to be able to say it is updated...Thanks for following..I cant wait now...Wish i did not have to work Saturday!!

12. CrazyA

CrazyA Feather Duster

Dont worry about people following or not. They may look just not post. I am a good example of that, i read a ton of post and threads just not always post on them. Also keep in mind your thread will be in this forum for a long time. People will come across it in the future if they search for any matched keywords.
    I felt that way in my 150 build thread a while back, it seem like a ghost town (with the exception of Telgar ;) ). I can tell people at least view it by the number of views. This thread has quite a few view might i add. Still looking forward to your FTS when canopy is installed.