Updates and then some (pic intense)

Discussion in 'Coral' started by geekdafied, Jul 26, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

nice, want any branching hyndophora?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I dont think Ive seen the branching kind. I'll take anything at this point. Between my display tank crashing and stock tank where I was holding everything from my display tank getting fried, I pretty much lost everything. The sinularia, shrooms and toadstool are the only survivors cause they were in a 10g tank seperate from everything.

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I take that back... I have seen them, we always called them horn corals. never new their scientific name. I had a Hydnophora exesa, but lost it.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sndwave80

Sndwave80 Bristle Worm

Thanks for sharing, those are some great looking corals!

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Wow, those are some awsome frags. When my tank was getting full of corals I would always look for little pieces of rubble with zoos on them in the LFS, they usually gave it to me for free since they didn't want to try to sell it. Good times...but seriously those corals are awsome. I love montipora!

1 person likes this.
  7. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

LMAO I use to do the same thing. The LFS I use to work at, I use to always check out the coral tanks to see if I could spot some stray baby coral, the owner would always tell me that if I could get it out, I could have it. I was always finding things, lol.

8. Click Here!

9. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Nice!! Really like the zoas.

Pic 10 looks like blowpop or speckled flowers

1 person likes this.
  10. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

That pic, it doesnt show what those zoa's do. They almost turn into themselves and make an umbrella shape to where it looks like the the complete center it s a huge nipple with a skirt. Next time I notice them like that, I'll get a pic of it. Its really odd.

The speckled flowers is the cloest Ive seen of them though except the specks on the ones in the pic I have are more uniform, then randomly around the center. They have changed color some since I got them, so there is no telling what color they will turn out to be.

11. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

I agree with you on the speckled flowers, yours look more uniform. Specled flower seems to have more variation in the speckles.

How long have you had the brain?

12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Its all a guessing game for now. Ive got a feeling I have a bunch of unnamed zoa's.