Updated pics

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by map95003, Aug 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. map95003

map95003 Bubble Tip Anemone

I was looking for a compact camera to carry around when my DSLR is not practical. Came across the Kodak SLICE, for the features and price I figure I'd give it a shot....other than short battery life, I have to say...not bad. I've been playing around with the HD video, here's a clip...I recorded it at 720p, not sure what happen when I uploaded it to youtube...check it out in 480p if possible..

YouTube - My Mixed Reef Aquarium

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. map95003

My bulbs are a year old, ordered some replacements today and decided to take some shots so I can do a before and after. Here are a few, I cleaned the front glass just before taking the shots so the water has some particles floating around which resulted in the pics being a bit grainy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Great color and lots of them! Gorgeous reef! What kind of lens do you use for your D80? I got D90 but still trying to play it around. Any specific setting you use for aquarium photos?

5. kenny951

kenny951 Bristle Worm

Thats a giant leather all the way to the left? Right?

How do you like that thing? It looks like it blocks alot of light.

The only reason i ask is because i have one that is starting to get fairly large. But the way i have it positioned it dosnt block much light.

Great looking tank.. I cant wait to upgrade.

6. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I wish I could get my tank to look that "grainy"! Beautiful.

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Tank looks fantastic

What bulbs are you using?

8. Click Here!

9. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

HOLY CAT!!!!!!! thats one beastly reef tank!!

10. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

Your tank is looking amazing, the coloration is intense!

11. map95003

Thanks, I'm using a Nikkor 60mm macro lens. It's not bad but as I learn more I wish I had gotten a 90 or 105 mm. I shoot in apature priority and just play around with the F-stop until I'm happy with the results.

Yeah, it's one of my first corals. I like that toadstool...you might find it hard to believe but it use to be on the right side of the tank, grew out of the water so I fragged it up and the head ended up moving to the other side of the tank and attaching to a rock there. Seems to be happy there but it's getting hugh again so I know I'll have to cut it soon.

Thank you, just be patient you'll get there...the truth is when you get "there" there is always a new "there". I don't think I'll ever be "there" ;D

I us 6x54w T5s (ATI Blue+, ATI Aquablue, KC Fiji Purple and UVL SA) but I only run 4 bulbs when taking pics.

Thank you

Thanks. Hopefully your frags are doing great. I'll be taking down the vase setup this wknd. Too many tanks to maintain. Let me know if you want or know anyone that want any of it.

12. jstuver

jstuver Plankton

Your tank is gorgeous! I had a huge toadstool before I downgraded, loved that thing!! Now that I am going bigger again I may have to get another one:)