Updated pics

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by map95003, Aug 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. map95003

map95003 Bubble Tip Anemone

Jon, it was a great deal and an impulse buy on my part :), someone I know bought the tank, it sat empty for ~6 months then he decided to go bigger before even setting it up...so I took it. As I put together the list of stuff I'll need to start from scratch I'm kicking myself ;D. Stop by when you have some free time

2. Click Here!

3. newguy420

newguy420 Skunk Shrimp

Will do Martin.. I may get some riding time in tomorrow so maybe I'll swing by and see if you're home

4. map95003

Miss my last tank, haven't seen it in a while, last time I talked to the new owner he said a lot of the colonies have died

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

It was always one of those stunning tanks that defied the rules. It's one of those tanks that I always remember for it's beauty.

6. Blarghensplargh

Blarghensplargh Astrea Snail

Do you know any reason why the colonies would have died off, especially the sps? Was the new owner letting the nutrients get out of hand?

7. map95003

It was an easy tank to care for and I was definitely not the type of reefer that followed the rules :) but I had a lot of fun and learned a lot the 16 yrs I was in it.

Not sure, I'm guessing it was a result of not keeping up on basic maintenance, lack of knowledge, possibly overfeeding and overstocking as I know they added more fish...achilles tang, fox face, etc.

8. Click Here!

9. map95003

Saw a pic of my old tank a few minutes ago, this Saturday 6/28 will be exactly 2 yrs since I had to get rid of it....the owner wants to know if I want to buy back whatever is left of it. I don't have the time for it right now but after seeing this pic I feel like I have to save it. What do you think would be a good offer?

[AFTER] This is a current pic, all the SPS have died off, the LPS and clam aren't doing so good either:
    [​IMG]

[BEFORE] These are the last pics I have of it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

just amazing, how irresponsible people can be.

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Your pics are great. You could have that again with monti caps and time.

12. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

what size is the tank again? also, how much money did you have in it in terms of equipment and such?