Updated pics

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by map95003, Aug 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lmr2o

lmr2o Millepora

I can't believe I've never seen this before. Your tank is just beautiful! One of my personal favorites I've seen so far. I can totally understand why the new buyers want you to leave it, but I can't imagine how hard of a decision that was for you. Any chance you can leave them the tank, equipment, and frags of everything along with some knowledge of how to sustain it. Then take all your corals to the new tank in the new house??

2. Click Here!

3. map95003

map95003 Bubble Tip Anemone

Not really, I've tried that, they want the tank including all equipment and livestock. Definitely wasn't an easy decision but I went through the same thing with my previous tank yrs ago....it wouldn't be easy starting all over again, but if I ever get back into the hobby it will be bigger and eventually better.

4. map95003

Who said corals can't grow out the surface....I think this guy is trying to reach the light fixture..

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

LOL very cool

6. map95003

Bad phone pics but enough for a comparison

12/13/2011:
    [​IMG]

5/18/2012 - no where to go but sideways
    [​IMG]

7. World Citizen

World Citizen Plankton

Haha! We could switch couches if we lived closer... I would gladly take a few days to inspect your tank!

Very Nice!!...

8. Click Here!

9. map95003

I only own the tank for a few more weeks.....I'm trying to soak up as much of it as I can these days...lots of pics

10. BlackburnD

BlackburnD Plankton

I just read this thread from start to finish. This is an amazing tank. I only hope to have a tank half this nice one day. I don't know that I would be able to part with it the way you are. Best of luck.

11. map95003

Thanks. Not the easiest decision, I know it's a huge loss, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do... My previous tank was nice and I'm sure when I get back into the hobby I'll have another nice tank in time, only hope the new owners will take care of it.

12. map95003

Well after about ~15 yrs in the saltwater/reefing hobby, I think I'm calling it quits. Turning the tank (and our home) over to it's new owners soon. When I got into the hobby yrs ago, there weren't much on-line help, I've made lots of mistakes but I've also learned a lot. I'm a member on a few different forums which made the hobby even more interesting by sharing and learning about newer technologies & advancement and just being able to see other tanks. Over the years I've also met a few good friends that share this great hobby....but I think it's time I try something new. Thanks for all your help, questions and inspiration over the years......never now, maybe someday I'll be back :)

I've had larger reef tanks with more expensive gadgets and corals over the years, but my current tank is my favorite, I was able to achieve everything I had planned for it, with ease and simplicity....to date, I'm proud to say, I've never lost any corals or fish in it and I've watched the corals thrived to large colonies from frags...still one of my favorite tanks, and not just because it's mine ;D. I'll try to get some recent pics up before I leave it.