update

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Leesa, May 1, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Leesa

Leesa Astrea Snail

Hey everyone,

First of all I wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers have been with both JohnO and Wrassman.  Addiction is a powerful enemy.  Hang in there Wrassman.  

I wanted to update you all on my tank.  Actually, I probably just wanted to post.  After reading that I need like 50-100 to get more stars I felt behind ::) HAHA.  

Wrassman, I have taken your advise.  I have added nothing else to the tank and my parameters are remaining stable.                Ammonia – 0
                            Nitrites – 0.05
                            Nitrates – 0
                     Alkalinity – high normal
                     PH – 8.6 (again, the value looks different under different light)
                            Calcium – 400
                            Phosphorous – 0.1
    I continue to do 1/3 water changes every two weeks.  My Xenia, Ricordia and button polyps all look really good.  As a matter of fact, I think the Ricordia is segmented into three parts and I think one is about to split off. The damage that was done by the slug that I removed to my button polyps seems to have healed and they are all once again brown with green centers. I have little patches of coraline algae growing as well as waht seems like a lot of a brownish-green leafy stuff (sargasm maybe?) growing on several live rocks.  My one damsel fish is growing well too.

I did kill an aiptasia anemone last week by injecting it with alkalinity solution.  It pretty much just exploded and now it is gone.

Josh (Mrs. Leesa) whoops, I meant MR. LeesaText :D is building an overflow and a sump with a refugium and then we will add an in-sump protein skimmer.  Currently, all I have is about 85 pounds LR, 80 pounds live sand and powerheads.  I can't wait.  

I really enjoy reading in this forum and I just wanted you guys to know I'm still out here.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Alright some good news around here!

Leesa what a great update. Sounds like you are well on your way! [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif]

Glad you like the site. Some karma for you. ;D

Hey I never heard from you about the silicone, how'd that work out?

:)

matt

4. Leesa

Leesa Astrea Snail

About the silicone -- I went to the LFS and got All Glass silicone. I was just afraid to take any chances and it was really no big deal to get the aquarium specific stuff.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Gotcha.

Peace of mind is nice.  ;)

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

[glow=red, 4, 100%]Great report Leesa, post some pics so we can see your work![/glow]

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

glad to see your tank is starting to work out

8. Click Here!

9. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Thank you for your words of encouragement, Leesa. I am feeling quite a bit better today. I think I am over the worst of it... [smiley=bigcry.gif]

I am so glad your tank is doing so well. My only words of advice would be to see if you can get your Calcium up a little. Coralline algae grows much better when your Ca is over 440.

Again, thank you, Leesa. Karma coming your way !! [smiley=victory.gif]