**Update** Now Dying

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by pjracer, Mar 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Mine was getting skinny until I switched to Hikari Multi-Vitamin Enriched Krill. I would also soak some in selcon. He lived a fairly long life after that, and was fat and happy until he died when he got stuck in the overflow. :(

I think the texture and size of the food is important. I would grind it up first. I did find though certain foods for some reason, although he would eat them, would pass right through his gills. I think their gills are adapted to catch certain types of food. If it is the wrong size or texture, it passes through and they don't get the nutrition. Parasites could also be an issue although for mine that did not seem to be the cause.

2. Click Here!

3. LadyReef

LadyReef Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

It looks like his face is getting red. I've never had any marine pet survive after getting that red tint around the mouth. I'm sorry for you an your little guy :(

4. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

My 6-spot will send whatever he doesn't like out through his gills. If he likes it, he eats it. I've seen him accidentally send a piece out through his gills, then turn around and eat it. I think it's an entirely voluntary thing.

5. CRABS

CRABS Astrea Snail

Try giving him sum milk

6. Tyrant46290

Tyrant46290 Astrea Snail

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I still say you definately need to treat him for an internal parasite

8. Click Here!

9. Zander

Zander Spaghetti Worm

I had the same issue with mine in a previous tank his appetite decreased and a guy at the LFS recommended a skunk cleaner shrimp and he started to get better at eating. Mine was not at this stage that yours is now though. Best of luck on a recovery.