[UPDATE]Another Problem UGHHHHHHH

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by JJL, Mar 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

So just as I thought my new Royal Gramma was recovering from the getting stuck in a rock incident I saw some aggresive behavior from my coral beauty toward him. The RG would come out from his little spot then immediatly the CB would chase right after him. Any suggestions on what to do. Moving the rocks around is not really an option since of all the coral. :cry:
    JJL

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

honestly, I would just wait it out. Some aggression when a new fish is added is normal, if it gets really bad then take one of them back to the LFS or try the rock trick

4. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Any other ideas beides taking the fish back? I really do not want to do that :(

5. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

maybe you could take the coral beauty out of the tank for a couple hours and just keep it in a 5 gal bucket then reintroduce it? Not sure if it would remember or not. Just tossin that out there. good luck!

6. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

I would suggest taking the CB out..They like to nip at corals for one, and most of the people who have had them long term are pretty lucky, they will normally start nipping at them right away or they will wait a lil bit and then start to attack the corals.

But if you dont do that, then just wait it out..Most likely aggression with new fish will stop

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

JJL now, the CB already lead to the demise of the tang, it's behavior is not going to change. Some fish just go aggressive and nothing you can do but re-home to another hopefully larger tank.

Frustrating no doubt, but IMO there is only one thing to do.

Good Luck

8. Click Here!

9. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Good point. I really hate this option, but I guess it benefits the system. Would you replace it with another one or a different type of fish? What type? It would be nice if you could tell me some non aggresive small fish :) Thanks for the help, but I am very upset right now :(
    JJL

10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I would be upset too.

Fire fish are very passive, cardinals, some gobies. Perhaps others can offer other choices.

11. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

A goby or something..Those are always cool..Im sorry i dont follow along, but what is your tank size?

12. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

34 gallons...maybe add 2 firefish? Or overstocked?
    Right now I have 2 clownfish, 1 royal gramma, and 1 coral beauty (probably bringing back to LFS) Also my Royal Gramma seems to be just hiding in the back now..Is this because of the aggresion? If I get rid of the CB will the RG come out and swim more?
    Thanks
    JJL